Cold Case

Bullet (2)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 04, 2010 on CBS

• Susanna Thompson did a great job in her guest starring role!

This was the conclusion to a very strong 2-parter. I feel that "Cold Case" has a lot of life left in it and hope it lasts another season. Susanna Thompson did an excellent job in her guest starring role as Detective Yates. Although her character came on a little strong in Part 1 ("Last Drive-In") with the drinking and flirting, Thompson is a great actress. I can see her being nominated for a guest starring Emmy for this! I couldn't look away when she was on the screen, and she was a nice complement to Kathryn Morris. Since they left things open ended with Yates, I am hoping she will stick around for another episode or two. Part I had a great ending, with Rush and Yates finding the suspected sniper dead in the cabin cellar. This concluding episode really delivered. The scene at the train station was exciting and well executed. What struck me most was the final confrontation between the sniper and Yates, with her plea to find out why her drive-in date had to die. The answer was simple, yet very profound at the same time. I also like how Yates and her date got to watch "East of Eden" one final time in the closing montage.

Another great episode!