Cold Case

Creatures of the Night

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 01, 2005 on CBS

• With a race against time before a serial killer is released, New Jersey cops ask the detectives if they can link their killer to a cold case, prompting them to believe he killed Mike in 1977.

Twice in a row, this series brings me episodes taht present hardly only emotion. Once again, there's not much insight into the victim's life to care when he dies. In this episode there's actually more insight into the killer than the victim. Although in this series, it is always sad to hear the victim talk about their dreams and plans for the future knowing their never come true.

The whole "wow" style of acting kind of annoyed me, but I guess it makes sense because of the big role "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" played. In all of the flashbacks the people always had this "wow" kind of look on their faces except for, of course, the villain who instead looked just plain pyshco. And over acting, although it's quite obvious that was done on purpose.

The storyline itself, wasn't that bad. It was fairly well-written in most parts, but when I watch a Cold Case episode, I expect it to move me to the point of nearly tears and this episode just didn't do that for me.