Cold Case

Forensics

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 06, 2009 on CBS

• Great! Unusually mature and like-able young brainiac, an interesting sub-culture (the H.S. debate circuit - how very earnest!), sympathetic satellite characters, plus interesting, plausible main-character side-stories. The show just keeps getting better!

The dad PTSD situation and father-son scene was heart-wrenching without being maudlin (the show has gotten so good at walking that line...). And the music was the perfect mood-setter for the day.

Now, if only my genius-debater siblings have also had a careful viewings, perhaps future holiday chat might be less intense!

Excellent side-line stories right now, touching on the main characters' lives (and giving great personality insights) without veering off into the trite and/or unbelievable, or spending to much time at it:

Vera shopping around for a Doctor who will tell hime, and the boss, what he wants to hear, and validate his scorn of veggies and all that other crap that the anal half of the population wastes their energy on. I suspect we'll get to see it come back to bite him... Way to keep things relevant to (potato) viewers...

And Scotty, we now see, is just a chip off the old block )it's nice to see his "family" personality...). I'm enjoying his charming parents, watching their family by-play and imagining his childhood. And the plot twist tonight was great - this off camera assault and mystery Dr stuff can go off in so many directions that it, like the weekly case, remains unpredictable (and here I thought it was going to be cancer...). I'm really looking forward to the next episode.