Cold Case Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

07x15 Two Weddings - Episode Thread

LII2

[1]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 12

I'll start...

This episode was pretty funny and enjoyable to watch. I loved how ADA Bell pretended to be Lilly's drunken boyfriend, so that she could get the bride; Anna along to talk with. Lil and Scotty working in homicide all dressed up, and just the whole atomsphere for the squad at the wedding trying to solve Dan's murder was hysterical.

It was interesting to see that nobody killed Dan, that he himself leaped to his death, over his wife; Melanie whom had just died the night. All the grief that Dan had inside caused him to break off this engagment to Anna.

Lilly catching the bouqet at the end, gave me hope that maybe there is someone still out there for her. At first she didn't look none too happy, but before the credits came on she did. Anna puposely threw it, intending on her to catch it.

Louie himself is always a pleasure to see, he's only been in Seasons 1,4,5,7; appearing in one episode. Nice for Lilly to admit she has a soft spot for him. I knew that there always was a reason behind her flirting with him

Edited on 03/01/2010 11:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ninja1088

[2]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 7

I too was surprised by the ending. I was waiting for Phil to push Dan over.. and in a sad way he feels that he did by calling the hospital. That's the sad part of grief and losing a loved one. You can never fully "recover" but you have to try and keep living your life. Sadly for some people like Dan, the reality is too painful to bear. While Phil dealt with it by lying or omitting certain facts,Dan's coping method was to take his own life.

LII2

[3]Mar 1, 2010
    @Ninja- See I didn't think that Phil was going to kill Dan, he didn't seem as if he had enough rage in him to do just that.

I'm glad it was a suicide more than a homicide, still I wanted at least one of the detectives to see the victim, which only happened once this season. That's part of the show and the writers are completely forgetting about that.

Ninja1088

[4]Mar 1, 2010

Me too.. I still felt Scotty should have seen the victim in Jurispidence, but that's just me.

I didn't think Phil was going to do it either, I thought it was going to be the mother or the sister that did it. Still surprised by the suicide, the first one since season two.

Edited on 03/01/2010 7:05am

LII2

[5]Mar 1, 2010
    Is it just me or am I sensing something between both Lilly and ADA Bell??

haldrey

[6]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 22
    A totally different kind of Cold Case episode, never seen one like this. It was great, good storyline, funny and very interesting. Kudos to the writers.

LII2

[7]Mar 1, 2010
    I wonder what it means for Lilly now, that the bouqet landed at her feet.

Just a reminder that the next episode of CC will air on the 14th, instead of the 7th due to the oscars.

mange85

[8]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 6

This episode of Cold Case, is one of the best episodes in season 7, it´s a great episode, the storyline was funny and diffrent.
    i hope the writers keep this up rest off the season, or thier is a chance that Cold Case not will return to season 2010-2011.

keep it up and make us proud.

LII2

[9]Mar 1, 2010

mange85 wrote:

, or thier is a chance that Cold Case not will return to season 2010-2011.

Actually the show is on the way to being cancelled, it was on thin ice last season. CBS wants to get rid of it. Has nothing to do with the ratings at all, everyfan knows that this show is in very big danger of being cancelled this season..

facebookfan

[10]Mar 1, 2010
    mange85 wrote:

This episode of Cold Case, is one of the best episodes in season 7, it´s a great episode, the storyline was funny and diffrent.
    i hope the writers keep this up rest off the season, or thier is a chance that Cold Case not will return to season 2010-2011.

keep it up and make us proud.

Agreed. This is the best episode of the season, imo. I agree that the plot was funny and different, like "The Road" or "Mindhunters"/"The Woods" (the different part, thast is). Also, it was interesting to see that for the first times in a long, long time the victim was not truely innocent. He said he loved his fiance (Anna)but as the episode progressed you could tell he didn't care about her at all, and his real wife, who was dying for 8 years, was the one he truely cared about. Thus, his suicide (interesting, usually the homicide ends up truely a homicide or an accident, only suicide one other time before)was bittersweet.

danharr

[11]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode nice departure for the show a light episode and a suicide instead of a murder saw Lily catching or getting close to the bouquet a mile away but still was funny.

LII2

[12]Mar 1, 2010

danharr wrote:

saw Lily catching or getting close to the bouquet a mile away but still was funny.

No Lilly didn't catch the bouquet, Anna purposely threw it in her direction. It landed right at her feet.

LII2

[13]Mar 1, 2010

facebookfan wrote:
    Also, it was interesting to see that for the first times in a long, long time the victim was not truely innocent. He said he loved his fiance (Anna)but as the episode progressed you could tell he didn't care about her at all, and his real wife, who was dying for 8 years, was the one he truely cared about. Thus, his suicide (interesting, usually the homicide ends up truely a homicide or an accident, only suicide one other time before)was bittersweet.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you, Dan did Love Anna and cared so deeply about her, but here's what you didn't understand is that right before Melanie had died she said his name, which sent him into a frenzied panic. Dan was innocent but was so mixed up on whom he loved, which in this case was two women. He just needed to be more truthful, but couldn't live with the guilt anymore.

Ninja1088

[14]Mar 1, 2010

Dan's problem was that he couldn't move on from his tragic past. His suicide was a mix of both guilt over his past and the fact he felt he had wrecked his future. As for CC being back, I have my fingers crossed but it's fairly certain this is it's last season. And of course, the "ratings" will be the excuse.

LII2

[15]Mar 1, 2010

Ninja1088 wrote:

As for CC being back, I have my fingers crossed but it's fairly certain this is it's last season. And of course, the "ratings" will be the excuse.

When we all know that's not the case, it's CBS's fault for putting it at 10pm. Could have simply left it at 9pm, undercover boss would do certainly fine at 10pm, but not any crime drama show. I really am disappointed with this network, and will continued to be since this show is on the the list to be cancelled.

You could have one more season, but CBS really screwed its fate. If only it stayed at 9pm, it would have been fine. The ratings are still high, and plus there are a ton of fans here in the US and overseas, whom aren't happy about this..

Plus they are reairing, " Soul," again this time, which has already reran Last Saturday. How lame are they going to be, they could simply have chosen another episode to reair, but why this one twice??

As for this episode, I felt sorry for Dan. Though he was mixed up, having his wife saying his name, then dying really made me feel for him. He was clearly lost and wanting to start over again. Though he lied, Anna later understood why. His connection with both her and Melanie was so strong, and his inablity to move on for the past eight years, caused his many misfortunes.

Who could blame him, for going through this pain of not wanting tolose someone he loved so much, but on the other hand wanting to start a new life with someone else. It wasn't like Dan was cheating on Melanie, whom was in a coma for so long, but he wanted to move on and live again at the sametime.

He knew that Melanie wasn't coming back, but at the end I saw that he had a bluest tone to him; signaling that he made peace before he jumped to his death..

For the squad, I only had wished that Kat was there, it would have added more funny banterings between her and ADA Bell. Yet the episode was pretty funny, too bad we have to wait until the 14th for a new episode.

Ninja1088

[16]Mar 2, 2010

We only have another month or so to find out... but seven seasons is nothing to sneeze at.

LII2

[17]Mar 2, 2010

Ninja1088 wrote:

We only have another month or so to find out

Maybe less than that, it depends on when CBS decides to announce its own cancellations. A lot of networks had already done so already.

What do you mean, nothing to sneeze at???

Ninja1088

[18]Mar 2, 2010

Ehh, just a family saying. Seven seasons for a show is not a bad run at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but have pretty much come to terms with this being the last season of Cold Case.

LII2

[19]Mar 2, 2010

Ninja1088 wrote:

have pretty much come to terms with this being the last season of Cold Case.

The way it's going I also believe that it is as well. Part is CBS for pratically killing it at 10pm, another is that the writers could have written this season a bit differently.

Libra1010

[20]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 6
    LII2 wrote:
    Is it just me or am I sensing something between both Lilly and ADA Bell??

It's not just you! Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I hope not, though, because in the first place, I actually dig them as friends, and in the second... I still want him and Kat to get it together. I'm still holding out hope for that, even though we all know what happens with relationships on this show. And that reminds me, I totally missed Kat in this episode. In the past ones she hasn't been in I haven't missed her as much, but this was a fun team episode, and I was sad she wasn't there.