Cold Case Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Dvd Info

Leni810

[41]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    Unfortunately, companies posses art and mainly music in the last years...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JordynMaria

[42]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    People keep asking me waht I want for Christmas, and all I can think is Cold Case DVD... even though I know it's impossible.

AngelEyes598

[43]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    Hopefully, one day they'll release it to us fans

jayjay1983

[46]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    i have had to tape the episodes of cold case from sky 1 as there are no plans yet for the dvd release of cold case. the only bad thing with taping them is that some episodes are cut due to violence and some episodes are not even aired. the dvds should be released. every thing else is.

radiaga

[47]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 2

What about this advert below (DVD box set seasons 1-5)...?

Are they without any music or they just Chinese pirates?

Well... if there are no other way... I can pay to pirates... still I would prefer to pay more for legal version...

LII2

[48]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    There's only pirates out there, if you check that's all. No legal copies of this exist yet, so just record all the episodes you want onto your DVR. It's going to be a long time, it's expensive and costly to put this type of show on DVD.
    Edited on 07/24/2009 5:26am

tony382

[49]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    I don't get it. This is not an old show, when they were getting the rights for every episode, they should have worked out a deal for the DVD's. It makes more sense to do it that way.

LII2

[50]Aug 9, 2009

tony382 wrote:
    I don't get it. This is not an old show, when they were getting the rights for every episode, they should have worked out a deal for the DVD's. It makes more sense to do it that way.

It's really simple, it's much harder to get the music rights onto DVD. It costs money, you can't do both if your given a strict budget. It's not so hard to understand, for now just settle with recording it onto a DVR.

facebookfan

[51]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    LII2 wrote:

tony382 wrote:

It's really simple, it's much harder to get the music rights onto DVD. It costs money, you can't do both if your given a strict budget. It's not so hard to understand, for now just settle with recording it onto a DVR.

ur right. i'm just upset certain good episodes (like "The Plan", "Revenge", "The Good Death" and "Strange Fruit") are seldom shown while others (good ones, though, for the most part) are shown too often (like "The Road", "Thick As Thieves"); in fact, the "The Road", though a good episode, was shown about three times in about two weeks recently

LII2

[52]Sep 12, 2009
    TNT does have a habit of repeating a lot of the episodes, so you maybe in luck. Also the CW network also plays CC after midnight on the weekends.

facebookfan

[53]Sep 12, 2009
    LII2 wrote:
    TNT does have a habit of repeating a lot of the episodes, so you maybe in luck. Also the CW network also plays CC after midnight on the weekends.

you're right. the only really problem is some episodes are shown too often as i said. another problem is they were showing several season 1 epsiodes later August and early September at 2 on TNT. they had shown "Maternal Instincts" (which I had never seen before but was such a good episode) and they were going to shown "The Plan", then "Lovers' Lane" and start into season 2 but for some reason "The Plan" and the other episodes were replaced with "Stalker" and the season 5 episodes in order. i'm just upset because they show the season 5 episodes TOO often. season 5 was a good season, i'm just saying that they need to broadcast lesser shown episodes.

LII2

[54]Sep 12, 2009
    I agree, but you know what's odd they don't show S6 on TNT yet or on the CW network..

facebookfan

[55]Sep 27, 2009
    LII2 wrote:
    I agree, but you know what's odd they don't show S6 on TNT yet or on the CW network..

I guess a lot of the more popular ones get shown a lot ("Thick As Thieves" and "The Road", to name a few). but they should show a mix (in fact, a new fav. of mine called "Revenge"-which isn't shown often- was shown recently and I loved it) from different seasons instead of (mainly) the same ones over and over

*some season 6 ones they had shown on Sunday nights for a while. luckily, they were the good ones this season (though most were pretty bad): "Wednesday's Women", "Roller Girl", "The Brush Man", and "Into The Blue" and "The Long Blue Line"

*luckily, they didn't really show the bad ones (pretty much every season 6 episode): "Breaking News", "Witness Protection", "Lotto Fever", "Stealing Home", etc.

*btw, two other episodes I wished they would show more was "The Sleepover". great ep., great music (I was in tears watching the entire episode, especially the ending sequence when the siblings were reunited and Rush watching Rita ride away on her bike) and "The Key" which hasn't been shown in ages, but as in "The Sleepover" the music fit well with the episode and the plot was excellent

alitea

[56]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    It is a shame that they cannot offer a DVD for each season. I would definitely buy it.

Fryerider

[57]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 5

I took a different path. I bought a DVD recorder and have made and continue to make my own DVDs off the broadcast. The results - almost factory quality, and yes, you have to fast forward the ads. But I have them and can enjoy them any time I want. So that was my scheme once I realized that they would never release the factory DVDs. And after 6 years it's very unlikely. They were shortsighted in not setting up the DVD music rights at the beginning, and now those who would love to have the eps never will have a factory DVD set. The other alternative, the Chinese Pirates, is another way to go. If someone makes that choice it's hard to blame them. But who in their right mind would want the eps without the music that corresponds to the year represented in the episode? I consider the music an indispensable part of Cold Case; almost like another character. So shame on the people who made that bad decision so long ago. And to my fellow fans, live in hope. But in this economic climate it would be very hard to renegotiate the music rights with those who hold them. Everybody wants the most they can get for anything they sell, and they have the producers over a really big barrel. And while you may not like that fact, put yourself in their place. If you owned the rights to the songs used on the eps how willing would you be to sell them for a low price? You would be just as firm on your pricing as they are. So, in my humble opinion, don't hold your breath waiting for factory DVDs. They aren't coming!!

Fryerider

LII2

[58]Jan 11, 2010
    Sorry but that's really a stupid idea, why would even burn them onto DVD from a DVR that has commercials, the quality actually declines. Downloading from the chinese pirates will have you arrested for illegal downloading. So if you want to be arrested that's the way to do it. I would never take your advice.. DVR's have a thing now that you can't upload them onto a computer and burn the shows onto DVD's... As for holding your breath, things do have a way of happening.
    Edited on 01/11/2010 12:59pm

Fryerider

[59]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 5

Who said I burned them from a DVR to DVD? I have a DVD standalone recorder. No loss of quality, and the ads are easy to leap over. To each their own, but it works for me. Better than complaining about no factory DVDs.

LII2

[60]Jan 22, 2010
    I must have misread, but I do still have a feeling that CC will eventually come out onto DVD, after the show is finally over with.