Cold Case Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Dvd Info

liondagger

[61]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 4
    Fryerider wrote:

They were shortsighted in not setting up the DVD music rights at the beginning... So shame on the people who made that bad decision so long ago. Fryerider

If you look back, I addressed this point. Back in 2002/2003, when Cold Case was developed and premiered, TV shows on DVD was still in its infancy. NO ONE had any idea that there would be any interest in owning TV shows (beyond genre shows like Star Trek, X-Files and Buffy). So it didn't make sense from a business standpoint to pay higher licensing fees to extend the music rights for the home video market on a show that hadn't even premiered yet. Now in 2010, with the advantage of 20/20 hindsight, we know that people will own *anything* and the studios are scraping every last bit out of that well (Charles in Charge, Small Wonder).

Who knows? Maybe one day it'll happen. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LII2

[62]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 12
    With the budget cuts due to the economy, it's hard to tell. The studio knows all well that we fans want CC on DVD. They do read threads on forums and stuff, it will come out eventually..

blizzard1994

[63]May 3, 2010
    • level: 2
    That would be so cool if they made a DVD, but I know that's probably impossible right now because of $ for music rights. DVR works fine for me right now, lol.

loldude1

[64]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 10
    See Jerry Bruckheimer's official website

http://www.jbfilms.com/#/television/coldcase
    says "COMING SOON ON DVD".

devalongoria

[65]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 1

YOU CAN WATCH THIS GREAT SHOW IN MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL,,, I HAVE UPLOADED THE FIRST COMPLE SEASON AND AM HALF WAY ON THE SECOND ONE.... WATCH! COMMENT! SHARE WITH OTHER FANS SUCH AS ME AND URSELF! THANKS AND SEE U IN MY CHANNEL...

YOUTUBE.COM/DEVALONGORIA

wildhoney66

[66]May 26, 2012
    • level: 13

oh there's no doubt that it would have music rights problems. "Miami Vice" went eons before they were able to get rights to the music. & i think they were even forced to change some of the music cause of the music. actually back than 10 years ago people were buying tv shows on dvd.

i know i was. anyways, what i still find funny is that for many years i'd tape this or that show off tv onto VHS & my family would say to me Don

why are you taping it? it's Not going to be worth a damn thing EVER! you will never watch it. than when DVD came out and they started to put tv shows on dvd. they stopped saying this. now they say to me when it comes to some shows, do you really NEED to own this show on dvd?

sometimes it's a yes & sometimes it's a no. but still it's funny that's all. man i miss this show. did it end in a cliff-hanger by the way?

loldude1

[67]Jun 1, 2012
    • level: 10
    wildhoney66 wrote:

oh there's no doubt that it would have music rights problems. "Miami Vice" went eons before they were able to get rights to the music. & i think they were even forced to change some of the music cause of the music. actually back than 10 years ago people were buying tv shows on dvd.

i know i was. anyways, what i still find funny is that for many years i'd tape this or that show off tv onto VHS & my family would say to me Don

why are you taping it? it's Not going to be worth a damn thing EVER! you will never watch it. than when DVD came out and they started to put tv shows on dvd. they stopped saying this. now they say to me when it comes to some shows, do you really NEED to own this show on dvd?

sometimes it's a yes & sometimes it's a no. but still it's funny that's all. man i miss this show. did it end in a cliff-hanger by the way?

I wouldn't say it ended on a cliffhanger,they seemed to be tying things off in the last few episodes though I'd still welcome a reunion/revival.

wildhoney66

[68]Jun 12, 2012

i prefer it if they did a 2 hr film. i get tired of a LOT of these reunions, i mean if the show has been off since the 60's that's one thing but if it's only been off a couple years or a few years. i say bring on the TV movie. hey they did it with "Dallas' even if i hear those tv films suck they still did it. & they apparently brought that back as well.

over 20 years later! anyways i wish i knew when this was coming out though

wildhoney66

[69]Jun 12, 2012

sorry i meant to say on dvd. i wish i knew when it was coming onto dvd