Cold Case Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Season/Series Finale: 07x21 Almost Paradise - 07x22 Shattered Discussion

FallBaby117

[1]May 2, 2010
    • level: 4

Wow What a season Finale!

I have to say that Kathryn Morris was excellent in both of these episodes, her acting was well beyond anything else.Almost Paradise didn't really get to me, except for the Lilly personal side drama, and Scotty having a guy inside kill his mother's rapist was the only thing that had interested me in this episode.

Shattered- Lilly's an Aunt, what a twist to an excellent episode. I love how at the end Lilly's holding her niece while Christina's asleep on her shoulder's in the backseat, it really tied into the fact that that photo of both her and Christina at the beach really played piviotal role between both of these episodes, sort of remidned me of the sister in Season Three's, " A perfect Day."

I'm glad that Lilly didn't kill Cliff, but I'm left wondering like everyone else if both her sister and niece will now come live with her. My only hope is that CBS actually pays attention to the fans and gives us a season eight.

Scotty did get through to Lilly during their fight, he did put her in his place, which that I'm happy about. He got her to realize that Christina is still her blood; family

The ending was a bittersweet moment; and yes one of the detectives saw the victims for the second time this season the last one was 7X02- Hoodrats. All and all I give " Shattered", an A++

Edited on 05/19/2010 1:35am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[2]May 3, 2010
    • level: 25

I liked it and I hope CBS brings the show back

FallBaby117

[3]May 3, 2010

pgsuperfan wrote:

I liked it and I hope CBS brings the show back

Which one Pt 1 or part II? I'm just wondering??

I do hope that CBS also renews it as well, they would be foolish not to.

mange85

[4]May 3, 2010
    • level: 6

i must agree, omg what a epsiode S07E22 Shattered was, lilly is a aunt, that i did not see coming.
    Cold Case must be renewd for a 8 season. must come back for a another season, season 8, the show have earned it greatly. XOXO Cold Case.

These 2 episodes shows why Cold Case is one of the best crime-drama/show on network television today, and if CBS canĀ“t see that, they are doing the biggest mistake in television history.

I am a huge fan and i live in Sweden, that in Northern Europe.

XOXO From Sweden.

FallBaby117

[5]May 3, 2010
    I wonder how old Christina's daughter is, she's probably around seven or eight months right?? I'm thinking when they get back to Philly, Christina's in rehab and Lil's home taking care of her niece.

Either way, we know that Lilly isn't going to go into the FBI. Not after what had happened.

blizzard1994

[6]May 3, 2010
    • level: 2

Almost Paradise was a great episode. I liked the story and the side drama w/ Lil & her sister and Scotty having someone kill the guy in jail... Plus U2 music is always great! I still dunno why they called it part 1 and 2 because they were different episodes/stories. Shattered- I gotta admit I was more interested in the kidnapping than in Will's case, but either way it was a great action-packed episode. Good use of music, too. I hope they renew it because the ending has left me with even more questions!

FallBaby117

[7]May 3, 2010

[QUOTE="blizzard1994"]

I still dunno why they called it part 1 and 2 because they were different episodes/stories.

[QUOTE]

The reason why it's labeled Pt. I and II because it deals with Lilly's personal side story about Christina. That's why

blizzard1994

[8]May 3, 2010
    Yeah, that's true. I guess I was confused because all the other 2 part episodes in the series were the same case.

danharr

[9]May 3, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episodes I liked them both Valens getting that guy killed and the whole Rush family drama and the cases were great also. Well we wanted bad Lt. gone and I don't expect to see him next year if we get another year after covering for his son good season and if need be series finale. Rush and the rest of the squad this season in one way or another got a fresh start so if need be they can move on without us.

FallBaby117

[10]May 4, 2010

danharr wrote:

Well we wanted bad Lt. gone and I don't expect to see him next year if we get another year after covering for his son good season and if need be series finale. Rush and the rest of the squad this season in one way or another got a fresh start so if need be they can move on without us.

It's the deputy commissoner not Lt, and I have to disagree with you, on the fact that I think this show needs another season for the fans. There's still a lot of unknowns, after seeing the last five minutes of the finale.

haldrey

[11]May 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    Great, great season finale. Hated that there was no 'I am sure there will be a next season' ending. I hope we are given the gift of another season.

FallBaby117

[12]May 6, 2010

haldrey wrote:
    Great, great season finale. Hated that there was no 'I am sure there will be a next season' ending. I hope we are given the gift of another season.

Second there, we should know by the 8th of this month. CBS should at least gives us fans one more season.

blizzard1994

[13]May 6, 2010

True. Although I really liked season 7, it only added more storylines and more questions. Please let us have another season, at least to wrap things up! =D

FallBaby117

[14]May 6, 2010

blizzard1994 wrote:

True. Although I really liked season 7, it only added more storylines and more questions. Please let us have another season, at least to wrap things up! =D

Tommorrow or Saturday we'll know the fate of the show.

blizzard1994

[15]May 9, 2010
    FallBaby117 wrote:

blizzard1994 wrote:

Tommorrow or Saturday we'll know the fate of the show.

Do you know yet?

FallBaby117

[16]May 9, 2010
    @blizzard 1994- Not yet, CBS hasn't said anything. We'll know probably this or next week. I heard they were going to announce it today, but they didn't. Let's hope that CBS gives CC another season. This was more of a season finale not a series finale episode, we need a good ending

DeniseCooper

[17]May 9, 2010

CBS will announce it's decision when they release their fall schedule (which usually happens around the middle of May). News could leak out before then (as it did last year) but I would be surprised if we heard something this week.

I've analyzed a lot of TV and from what I saw in Almost Paradise and Shattered, this was not meant to be a series finale. Whereas last year's season finale felt like it could be a series finale, this one lacked that feeling. There was no sense of closure. There's still a lot that can be done with the characters, even more so after what was revealed in these two episodes. Based on that, I would guess that the producers/writers had a sense that they were going to get one more season when they put this episode together (something I had heard earlier in the season when they recreated the finale based on the fact that they had a chance of being renewed). A show that's been on the air for 7 years deserves a proper series finale and this wasn't it. My guess: CBS is going to renew Cold Case for an 8th season and promote it as the final season. Right now they have a Sunday line up that works - I would be surprised if they messed with that.

FallBaby117

[18]May 10, 2010
    @DeniseCooper- I've been reading a lot that's been going around about this show's fate. One is a complete lie saying that CBS wants to get rid of this show due to the fact that it's expensive. Which is a total lie, but then on spoilertv, they said something about using reruns of this show to fill sunday nights as a two hour movie.

Yet nothing has been offically said, CBS would be making another dumb move. They never have ever promoted this show, but they do need have a season eight.

I agree with you that this finale was a season finale. It certainly felt like that, it wasn't a proper ending either. Plus the fact that both cases in these two episodes were very weak, the writers didn't try to make them a bit interesting. What they were about to do was successfully write an awesome Lilly Rush personal side story. Perhaps we will get a season eight, I wouldn't mind if it was just for a half season but it would be nice to get a proper ending. CBS should read the petition signed by us fans and gives us what we want. It's also that time we will be finding out this show's fate, the deadline is the 17th of this month. So anyday, we should know starting today..

DeniseCooper

[19]May 10, 2010

I wouldn't say that CBS wanting to get rid of the show because it's too expensive is a complete lie. In this economy, even the studios are having to make budget cuts and dramas are more expensive to make than comedies or reality shows. The studio isn't going to eliminate a show, however, that is making money. Cold Case took a lot of cuts this year to get a 7th season......an 8th season may be on the condition that more cuts are made (maybe one of the stars will have to have even less screen time or be eliminated completely). The producers most likely had an idea of what the studio was thinking when they put together the finale. From the finale that aired, I would have to assume that the producers were told to plan for an 8th season. I've read a lot saying that Cold Case is all but canceled but I have to disagree with that. If that were the case, the producers and writers would have worked a lot harder at creating a finale that felt like a series finale. At least, that's how the industry has traditionally worked.

FallBaby117

[20]May 11, 2010

DeniseCooper wrote:

cuts are made (maybe one of the stars will have to have even less screen time or be eliminated completely).

I highly doubt that one, the fans would complain and the show would be ruined. No point in having less screen time or being eliminated completely, which would be absurd. The show would have already lost it's edge, anyways that's just how I personally feel