Cold Case

Metamorphosis

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 21, 2010 on CBS

• An All Doors Episode

Wihle the squad looks into the death of cirus performer, Lilly is faced with her own problems as well. Her enemy from last season Moe whom is played by Daniel Baldwin, is found dead. The killer isn't Lilly nor another cop but Hank Butler, the father of the victim Kate Butler ( 6x22-6x23). He's unable to live with the pain of losing his daughter, so he shoots Moe.

It's a good thing that the writers didn't have Lilly as the killer, which I knew it would never go that route anyways.

The episode itself was full of twists and turns, but wonderfully played out. Kept me guessing to the end who was Mia's real killer.

In addition was wonderfully co-written By Danny Pino, whom love for the Doors was added into this wonderful episode.
  • Lilly and the team reopen the case of a teenage female circus performer who fell to her death while performing a dangerous aerial act in 1971. At the same time Lilly is stunned to hear that she is a suspect in the murder of an old nemesis.

When I saw at the end of the previous episode that Stephen Baldwin's character had been murdered I knew immediately that Lilly would be a suspect in the murder and would later be found innocent. While I was right, I was pleased that story was out of the way fairly quickly and did not interfere with the main story of this episode. This episode is one of the better ones of this season. The flashback sequences are well done here (Especially those of the young woman performing her act). The use of the music by The Doors certainly helps too.