Cold Case

Superstar

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 26, 2006 on CBS

• good episode....

The team reopens the 1973 murder of female tennis player when the victim's sister comes foreward with evidence indicating someone may have tried it poison her. As usual, the the acting, music and plot was excellent. However, it was about time they did a tennis episode. I really felt bad for Andi, the victim. She was pretty, intelligent and (of course) great at tennis. However, her overbaring father, stalker-ish reporter friend, and the pressure of male "friends" to fail (because back then girls weren't supposed to be good @ sports) and her female "friends" to show everyone that girls rule and guys drool @ everything put Andi in a bad place, almost making her run away from and be her own person (before her untimely death, though).

Overall: 10/10
  • The sister of a 1973 murder victim finds her sister's towel laced with a deadly poison prompting the detectives to re-open the case.

7.2
    I can only describe this episode as I would describe tennis: BORING! It revolves around tennis. I mean, I don't know much about sports, but I don't get all of these conspiracies going on about tennis. Everyone wanted to get this girl because of tennis.

I feel more sad for her sister. It was sad to see the way her dad treated her, how he was going on about her being his superstar right in front of her. It was also sad to see how her dad treated Andi. He pushed her too way too hard and it was sad that because of it she wasn't able to get a life outside of tennis before she died.
  • There is more to the surface than simple battle of the sexes tennis match in this episode and a student that just want to play tennis, minus all of the political issues that are surrounding her game.

Once again I see, an allegory in this episode, which I like seeing, but it isn‘t over the top, for it let‘s the viewer see the allegory without the writers connecting the dots for us. This time the allegory it the dark side of a person’s new found fame. How the new media and the fans can trump a person up as the greatest thing since slice bread, also now it can ruffle the feathers of a person fellow associates, how they think that they have gone all “Hollywood” on them. Despite the fact that they think that they haven’t done that and that they feel in the long run, that they will still be doing their job when all of the 15 minutes of fame has passed them by and the general public has move on a new craze. A good example of this, are the stars of Discovery’s hit series “Deadliest Catch”, who feel that they haven’t changed but the fellow fishermen that don’t get the airtime, feel like that they have changed.

This episode also goes into the demented world of obsessed fans that feel that it was them that had made the person the way that they are and the superstar should be grateful for what the fans have done for them. When they feel that they aren’t grateful for them, they feel like they are stuck up and all of the fame that they have acquired has gone straight to their head, that sometimes can lead up to stalking, harassment on the phone, and even, if things get out of head, death, something that we have seen before and something that I fear might happen again with new stars that we are in love with right now.
    And finally, we also see how parents live vicarious through their children, controlling their action with the masquerade that they are doing what they think is the right thing for them, but in fact it what they want for them and that when they rebel against it they feel like they are betraying them, again something that we are seeing to much nowadays with parents fighting against the officials and coaches that they feel are putting their children down.
  • Obviously... it's a battle of the sexes match turned deadly after it.

great episode... the killer is sure out of left field. Very good job with the camera work... (i probably am a little psycho... but i probably would want to see more of a struggle in the end. After all, Andi is a feisty athelte... she should be able to give her attacker a harder time, at least. 3 seconds just seems too short... lol!)
  • Another good show as usual

No wonder I watch this show
    It is indeed very good
    Again showing that those cases that would had been forgotten
    Really don't need to be
    As a tennis star is murdered
    And Lily and the team find her towel
    They try to see who murdered her
    As she was going to be a star
    Then got laid out to dry and murdered
    Good thing that they found the murderer
  • hmmmm

Wouldn't it be then was water bridge near truck year far through over not know swaw for hot new foot had very jump it food teak look sink door motor grassy dove answer little boat needed grew coast deer better very louder close not turned answered met kept road climbed furniture.
  • z

gfhfh ftru ufuv urruf ufur ufw nf hv dfh vbs bcf nrvn ncjd dd d f nnd cbf sbcv de ce xcc d cvfbv hgo fo g v v fkkkd gjg fjf jfjfj jfffj jfffj jfjfjf jfjffj jffjr rrr e ee eeee r ttt tt w eeee w ff f fffk w qqq www e r r r r t
  • TITLE IX/BATTLE OF THE SEXES

NPinkston, isn't it a conflict of interest to post a gushing review about an episode that you "contributed" a story idea to? At least if you do so, please exert some of that "creative story idea" energy to come up with a more cleverly disguised moniker! You're fooling nobody - go enjoy your "GREAT STORY IDEA" and let the rest of the real creative artists handle the show. After all, it's the writing that gives the show its emotional heart.
  • Pretty good episode

I could have done without the rip off of the Battle of the sexes tennis match. The episode was very predictable in several places. The subplot of the wife dropping off the bag at the squad room was very sad. I liked how it ended with him not really sure he wanted to be alone living in a motel.