Cold Case

The Promise

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 02, 2005 on CBS

• A young girl who is overweight is taken advantage of and abused like a piece of trash by the "cool crowd". Of course, in the end everyone suffers and nothing is accomplished.

This episode features a tragedy; possibly one of societies worst.

How many "Columbines" have to happen before this type of behavior is stopped? I think that is a point this episode is trying to make but is anyone listening except for anyone who has been a victim?

I hope that a show with this kind of sensitivity isn't being ignored because it might be considered too "emo". But then again, "emo" has always been underrated, especially when it's trying to make a valid point about society when that society is just too callous to care.

Do you need to look in the mirror? Can you face that challenge?
  • After a father finds a photo of his daughter being attacked, it leads him to believe that the 2004 death of his daughter was not accidental.

This episode was the first episode that I saw that made me think 'Man this so is great. I gotta see more of this'. It was sad not only to see how the poor girl died at the end, but to see the torment brought upon her that she must have faced most of her life. I can hardly keep myself from crying when it shows what she went through before she died. Everytime I watch the ending, I get tears in my eyes.

This episode lacks nothing. It shows that even after 3 seasons, these writers still know what they're doing. It was sad to see what the frat boys did to the girls, especially Laurie. I felt bad fro Laurie because her best friend betrayed her for those clowns, but in the end, their friendship made it much more sad.

It's one of the saddest episodes of the series, a must see for sure!
  • My first ever cold case episode

I caught this episode of cold case one night and I was hooked straight away, I have since watched every episode from season 1 onwards. I thought this was so brilliantly done, the way the story came out and how strong the main character was - I thought she acted it brilliantly and you really felt for everyone involved, especially her father and the best friend. Everything about this episode is why I love cold case, the way the crime is always committed for a complicated reason, nothing is ever straight forward in cold case and the murders are often committed by people who love the victim. awesome stuff, and it made me cry!!
  • One of my favorite so far...

This one was a real tear jerker. It was amazing that even was able to watch the show as my eyes were filled with tears. This one really hits home for me. I spent all my life being an overweight person and have experienced first hand the cruelty of kids, the teasing, the jokes, the games, the sounds, the nicknames etc. I've had times where I've felt much like the character just wanting to be accepted (although I've gotten over that). I've felt like that group of girls too, wanting to harm those who teased and taunted or sometimes wanting to hurt myself. Luckily I never had to expereince as cruel a joke as Laurie did but I admired her courage to stand up to all those bastards. Unfortunately she died for it. It's also sad that these people who do the teasing as kids never grow up and still do it as adults and even senior citizens (like the older gentleman, i think he was like the mayor or some important figure)
  • Emo to the max

This is why I love Cold Case. Less of the main characters lives (apart from Lilly cause she\'s emo-tarded and all messed up!) but more about the show. This was really emotional. Usually I sit and watch these shows on my own cause I get so emo but with this I couldn\'t so I held back tears. That\'s how good it is.

It\'s a story line that\'s been done 100 times before: fat chicks, stud guys = bullying. But never have I seen it done as well as this.

If there\'s one thing I didn\'t like about the ep was the music score. Here without you baby was an awesome selection but the ending music could have been alot better.
  • The popular "kids" once again take advantage of that fact and cause other people misery. This could almost be my biography.

I love every episode of cold Case but this one was my favourite. This was a case that I could identify with in almost every way. That's what is so great about this show. In every episode and every case, the victims and the people seem real and so everyone has some episode that they can identify with. That gives the show its tear-jerking appeal that I love so much. Sometimes a show will put to much focus on the main characters personal lives and not enought focus on making each episode different. There is none of that here. We know about the characters background but it's not so prominent as to make the show boring and "samey". This show is an absolute must see.
  • Most episodes on this show cause me to bawl my eyes out and this was no exception.

Wow. What can I say about this episode except: awesome job, as always. Though throughout this episode you knew how it was gonna end, it left me wishing for a happier ending. Lindsay is a terrific (and, in my opinion, beautiful) actress. The end of this episode left me in tears, especially because of the horrible way the victim died, the last words she exchanged with her friend, and the way she "appeared." After my roommates and I watched this, one of them mentioned that Jerry Bruckheimer is a genius. And I would have to agree.
  • Why wasn't this Season Three Premiere?

7.3
    Fat girls meets Carrie.

I loved this episode, even though I had to leave the house after the first half hour, but i got back in time to see the last ten minutes:

I knew whether it was accidental or not, that Dirk was involved.

Overall, a very good episode....it has been a while since I enjoyed one.
  • What are people willing to do to be in the 'in' crowd?

The show centers on two friends who were outcasts in high school. When they go to college, the two start to drift apart. One of them continues with the intellectual crowd, and the other tries to pledge a fraternity.
    Inevitably, things go wrong. But in this case, there are some surprises.
    First of all, the person who was being made fun was a high quality individual. She did not like the insults, but she was able to rise above them. Her friend from growing up had to figure out where his true loyalty was.
    The ending was sad. Everybody got hurt in some form or another. The bad guys got punished, but the good guys suffered loss. I think I want to watch this one again.
  • Awesome Job Lindsay...as always

Wow...once again Lindsay Hollister has amazed me. She ceases to amaze me in any role she is put in. This show was no different. I met her a few months ago and she is a sweetie. Lindsay made me cry. I talked to her mother and she said it was a hard role for her to do...but she pulled it off perfectly. Great job Lindsay and God Bless. (All who have not seen her in any show....keep your eyes open and your ears alert...she's climbing the ladder...and fast)
  • Loved this episode. I enjoyed the actors who played Dirk and Laurie. It was so sad what\'d happened to her. I also thought scenes between Josie and Scotty were great. I think he\'s crushing on her. Sarah Brown has been a wonderful addition to this show.

Loved this episode. I enjoyed the actors who played Dirk and Laurie. It was so sad what\'d happened to her. I also thought scenes between Josie and Scotty were great. I think he\'s crushing on her. Sarah Brown has been a wonderful addition to this show. I can\'t wait until Josie/Lily share more scenes and for them to bond. Lily needs someone to talk to about George and Josie about Seargent White. Overall great episode. Please keep Sarah Brown on as Josie! And continue to give us awesome writing! I can\'t wait until next week! EEEEE!
  • What a great episode, very moving throughout. This really does show how some people have no respect for others.

The guy that played Dirk was amazing. He got to show his talent in acting through various emotions. He is going to be a star. Poor Dirk had to watch his friend die in a burning house through the bars on the window.

This episode also shows how people hide things to protect thier reputation.

• Alittle \"opps\" at the being but another great story and \"cold case\" solved

One thing I did notice when this episode began, is that it showed the date as \"October 23, 2003\" when \"Laurie\" is danicing in her room and preparing to go to the party. Then the date changed on the cell phone and the report to October 24, 2004\" while the \"24th\" makes sense, because all of the events took place after midnight, the \"2003/2004\" was an \"opps\". But other than that this was another great episode that broke my heart at how cruel people can be, although this is a TV show, it still based in some truth, [they have to get these stories from somewhere. The young lady that played \"Laurie\", I have always enjoyed her work and she did a great job here.
    I\'m ready for Vera, to stop being so mean to \"Jo\", he doesn\'t even know if the rumors are true.