Cold Case

WASP

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 01, 2009 on CBS

• The team reopens the case of a female pilot who was part of a program that assisted the Air Force during World War II when her crashed plane (With her skeletal remains in the cockpit) is discovered in a remote lake.

The best episode of the season so far. Like last season's two part finale, a strong willed woman is the focal point of the investigation. That seems to be a recurring element in "Cold Case." Through out the series run we have seen stories centered around women who are willing to challenge the staus quo. So far it has made for compelling episodes and good entertainment. I suppose this should not be a surprise considering who the star of "Cold Case" is. As another review mentioned this episode is also very inspiring. This is definitely an episode you should see.
  • Terrific and inspiring

I always enjoy the older shows because it's neat to hear the music of another generation. This show sheds light on the fact that while we take women in the workforce for granted, this was hardly the case as little as a generation ago. The women of WASP talk about how they do the same job as men and get less pay. Unfortunately, that is still with us today, although thankfully to a lesser extent. A program like this reminds us of the people that went before who were the pioneers that had the courage to blaze trails where there were none.

Vivian was killed because she had courage. She cared more about justice for her friend than for the 'system.' She dared stand up to corruption and fight for justice and she paid with her life.

I think by far the best thing that happened to the workforce in the 20th century was that it became half female (at least it is for the clients I work with). Think of all the gifts of creativity, vision, wisdom and so much more than we didn't have because women were effectively barred from working.

While it's true that women weren't killed for this, I cannot imagine how much courage it took for the early pioneers who braved entry into the male workforce. There were no doubt all sorts of vulgar comments, sexual harassment, discrimination and much more that these brave souls endured. While it's true that these things are all still with us, a show like this celebrates how far we've come as a society while also reminding us that there is yet work to be done.