A Colony Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on USA

USA Network has canceled Colony after three seasons. This is the next show that Netflix needs to consider saving. If you missed it because of the San Diego...

Netflix Life

Comments (9)
Submit
Aug 03, 2018
Another site that recognises Colony should be saved:

Flag
Aug 03, 2018
A props guy from the show reckons that the chances of it being saved are slim. The cast are accepting of the cancellation and happy to move on. The props in storage, at the end of S3, are now being sold off. They rack up tens of thousands of dollars per month in costs. Also, he says that there's no staff on the payroll to even get involved in a campaign to save it and those who are left are just suits who look at the show as a commodity. :(
Flag
Aug 04, 2018
On a different topic, have you seen the finale of Cloak & Dagger?
Flag
Aug 05, 2018
"You were right, never trust voodoo predictions!"

Haha! It might still be in play, just postponed. Something I missed but read is that one of the Divine Pairings (DP) had a mark on their upper arm and Voodoo priestess switched the mark from Tyrone to Tandy. IIRC we see the mark when they are at the core. Perhaps the one who is marked is the one who dies. I remember seeing it when she was telling the histories of the DP but hadn't made a connection to it's significance. I'd probably need to rewatch it.

I didn't understand what happened to copy guy (Connors). I thought Tyrone left him on top of a building somewhere when he teleported. The consensus seems to be that the cloak absorbed him.

Roxxon guy in the lift was after Tandy probably robbed all his hopes. So he might not be dead, just hopeless. Catatonic was an apt description I read somewhere.

Yes, cop woman (O'Reilly) is forever changed. She's supposed to be more vigilante than villain next season. A cop on crack or steroids kinda thing. It fits because it builds on her character and primary occupation I suppose. Fighting for justice in unorthodox ways. A black dagger and teleporting skills would be apt. :)

I don't really watch superhero shows. I did Arrow for a season or two but it was too teeny, formulaic kinda thing. If that was the origin story, then I liked it. There are still a few threads left to be resolved such as Tyrone being wanted for murder, Mina, not sure if Roxxon is completely over for Tandy with justice for her dad and of course what happens to the DP going forwards.

It's a got a S2 so I don't have to worry about it being cancelled. Not for now anyway. :)

More +
Flag
Aug 04, 2018
Haha, yes I have. Didn't think one of them would die. Do you think cop woman has come back with a power? She looked a bit like she was infected with the terrors.

So what's your verdict overall? Will you keep watching?
Flag
Aug 05, 2018
(lift = elevator)
Flag
Aug 05, 2018
You were right, never trust voodoo predictions!

Yes, I think cop woman will be the super villain next season. We didn't really have much of an over-arching baddie this year, there was the cop guy and the CEO, but that was about it. So, as it looked as though she was in the water like they were, I guess she may now have some powers from the energy stuff? Maybe she'll have a black dagger as well as be able to teleport?

Did you understand what happened to the cop guy in the end? He was sort of consumed by Tyrone? Was the CEO guy dead in the lift? I didn't really understand that. Did Tandy kill him?

Yes, I'll come back for season 2. Although I think it could have been speeded up a bit in the first few episodes, it otherwise flowed quite well. I think this season was mainly an origin story, so now we'll see what a normal story looks like. If it's just them battling supercopwoman, then I will probably be less interested.

I've come to the conclusion that for me, the origin stories for superheroes are probably the most interesting. After that, I think it gets hard to try to write stories that I find compelling, as they are basically all the same.
More +
Flag
Aug 04, 2018
:(
Doesn't sound very promising, does it?
Flag
Aug 04, 2018
No, not at all. Presumably most shows would be in the same boat with no staff if there was a cancellation? The Lucifer campaign inspired the producer or whoever to call the actor and tell him to jump on a plane and see what they could do. I'm waiting to see what kind of interest the results article from the poll campaign generates before I give up completely though. I really wish someone would tweet that song from the hearrbroken Colony fan to Peter Jacobson. that would get more people talking.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members