Columbo

The Conspirators

Aired Unknown May 13, 1978 on NBC

7.6
  • Very Entertaining

This was by no means a complex story and since Joe Devlin didn't kill someone close and personal to him it was never going to be the same as some of the other classic Columbo episodes.

Yet, I thought the interaction between Columbo and Devlin were incredibly entertaining along with all the poetry and limericks throughout. I rate the end scene as one of the best with Columbo ending with these words: "This far, and no farther"
  • Yet amusing.

Very enjoyable episode. The last of the season 7.
    Clive Revill known mostly from his voice in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back as the Voice of Emperor and the animated Batman series from 1992-1995 as Alfred Pennyworth plays an Irish writer poet and gun supplier for the IRA Joe Devlin. Joe is about to hit a deal for a ship load of guns with Mr Pauly when Joe realises Pauly is cheating. Guns are drown and there goes Pauly.
    From then on it is the usual formula we know the killer and his plan so all it's left is watch Columbo unravel the mystery little by little with his usual ways.
    Not my favourite storyline but Revill and Falk have good chemistry and make the story worthwhile.