Comanche Moon

CBS (Mini-Series 2008)

Comanche Moon Fan Reviews (5)

7.6
  • Settlers and the Native Americans struggle for survival. Insults are traded, lives and cultures clashing - at times with a violent outcome.

Settlers and the Native Americans struggle for survival. Insults are traded from one side to another, lives and cultures clashing - at times with a violent outcome.

The first thing I noticed was the thick accents and less than clear articulation. It made the characters appear very real especially since the accents held on tight until to the end.

Val Kilmer provided most of the humor for this series. I didn't quite get his character, who didn't seem to take anything seriously either. That doesn't matter, I guess: he stayed the same from start to finish. In his shoes and with a wife like his I think I wouldn't be exactly sane either.

Altogether, "Comanche Moon" was both beautiful and cruel; raw and realistic. The casting and acting were pretty good, though the characters weren't drawn too clearly (then again, I may have lost quite a bit of information while struggling to understand what was being said most of the time).

Not a happy series, either. I liked it just for that fact, though: it was realistic, dramatic, and the emo-tional parts weren't underlined, thusly working better than well. Life is bittersweet and unsatisfying hardly ever it gives people anywhere what they want and that was pretty much what happened here.