Combat Hospital Forums

Global (ended 2011)

Random thoughts on another Canadian show being broadcast in the USA

pdhiii

[1]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 8

I grew somewhat tired of Grey's Anatomy but i am actually looking forward to Combat Hospital. I admit i am a Canadian tv junkie who thinks it about time that Americans get some of our shows after decades of our channels being filled with their shows and the best of our actors and actresses moving to LA to be in American shows. It might sound odd but i kind of like that the cast is not all stereotypically gorgeous people because that is one of the things that makes most American shows so unrealistic. Combat Hospital is actually a Canadian-British show and there is one or two gorgeous people in it. If you recall the film The Prince & Me from about 7 years ago well the guy who portrayed Prince Edvard is in this show.KissHe portrays Dr Simon Hill.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alicefairy

[2]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 10
    I feel the same way about Grey's Anatomy. I was really into Off the Map but then that got cancelled, so it's nice to get something similar. I tend to like 'international' shows better than American ones too, but I don't know, the cast doesn't seem that dissimilar lookswise to the better American shows out there (Off the Map, United States of Tara, Dexter for example). It's really only the mainstream fluff that gives American shows a bad name. It'd be like judging all UK shows mainly on their silly soaps.

Anyway, watched episode one and I quite like it. Looking forward to the next one!

Nordan123

[3]Jun 24, 2011
    • level: 6

Really liked the first episode,looking forward to following this.

Unfortunately things that I like tend to get cancelled after a season or two.

pamhalpert

[4]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 14

I love this show!! I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

haldrey

[5]Sep 1, 2011
    • level: 22
    I do not consider this to be just another Canadian show, it is the best Canadian show I have ever watched.