Come Dine with Me

Wednesday 9:00 PM on E4 Premiered Jan 07, 2010 In Season

Come Dine with Me Fan Reviews (4)

7.4
  • I shouldn't like this, but I do!

I'll be honest, I've never made a conscious effort to sit down and watch this show. However, if Channel 4 or More4 are airing one of their marathons, I'll probably accidently come across and enjoy a good hour or two of the show.

On the face of it, the show is essentially simple: 5 people attend each others dinner party each night in a week, they vote on each other's parties and the winner goes home with a cash prize. Fair enough. Except it rarely is that, instead you're more likely to see money hungry people who are convinced they can cook trying to cheat and scheme their way to the top. And that is what makes it so damn good!

Unfortunately, the viewer has to put up with the ridiculous sarcastic remarks of the show's narrator, Dave Lamb. At times some can be mildly ammusing, but at best they are really cheap gags. The type of jokes your Dad would tell and you and your friends would all cringe at.

All in all this is a very good way to waste half an hour, especially good from when you've just come in at the end of the day and all you want to do is flop on the couch and not think to much.