Comedy Central Presents

Stephen Lynch

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Aug 02, 2000 on Comedy Central

• Stephen Lynch is a popular stand-up comic who presents his material through song.

This episode is one of the classic episodes of Comedy central Presents. Stephen Lynch is a singing comedian, who presents his material in an original way. Oh, there have been singing comedians before, but Lynch approaches this show as if he is giving a performance in front of elementary school children. Of course, the material is highly inappropriate for kids, but WOW is it funny for adults.

His songs are laugh out loud funny. From "Special Fred" to "Mighty Hermaphrodite", Lynch uses clever lyrics to make you laugh. The tunes are catchy and his voice is good. You get the feeling that if it weren't for his quirky sense of humor, he could have made it as a folk singer.

After watching this episode, I rushed out and bought Lunch's 3 comedy CD's--all of which are just as funny (although they do contain even worse language and topics than his cleaner TV appearance).

OVERALL: Excellent! Funny! Worth watching over and over again! There's a reason this was voted a viewer fave repeatedly.
  • Stephen Lynch is so funny!

If you have never heard of this controversial comedian then run out and go find something of his to watch because he is one of the funniest stand up comics out there. He actually incorporates singing into his act which is something that the comedic world doesn't even begin to ever include. But it works. He is however very controversial and tackles a lot issues that are touchy, some of his work may offend some people but it is all in good fun. He means no harm. And he does have some lighter stuff that is just as funny.
  • Yes, a very SPECIAL episode if you know what I mean. His songs are great and it is the best episode of the series by FAR!!! Special Fred is the best song that I have ever heard. He is too funny for his own good.

Steven Lynch is an excellent comedian by using his singing. His stories are great and I would like to see him live in person more than basically any other comedian. BEST episode ever of Comedy Central Presents, by far. Just watch it and you will know what I mean, it is really a SPECIAL episode.