Live from San Diego, it's Saturday night! Err, well, it's Saturday night in San Diego, and we were a-live when when we recorded this podcast, and now it's live here on the internet for you to listen to! So please press play, why don't you, to join me and Tim and new TV.com editor Kaitlin Thomas for a chat about the goings-on of Comic-Con Day 3, featuring True BloodThe Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a TimeRevolutionPerson of Interest, and more...

PREVIOUSLY: Comic-Con 2013: Tim and Jen Discuss Day 2

8 Comments
Comments (16)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This wonderful podcast sorta faded away after Price left and he doesn't seem to really be back all that much--just the Teen Wolf stuff. But it was great hearing you two at Comic-Con and perhaps you could do one once a month or so. Think about it...

Oh, and Go Kaitlin...
Flag
Oh cool a new writere for TV.com, hope you're great. I wonder what's the job description you put. "Get paid to watch television and then writing about it so that hundreds of people can discuss about what you wrote.
Flag
I agree about the "I know our show has slipped, but we are going fix it" trend of TV at Comic-Con. However, when talking about True Blood's Brian Buckner, Tim said "that's what they always say" in response to Buckner's desire to make the show simple and better again. Was he referring to showrunners in general always saying that or True Blood always saying that? If he was referring to the latter, that is absolutely not the case, because Alan Ball has never said any of those things ever. Alan Ball always said things that would make people even less optimistic about the show getting better, including adding more supernatural creatures and mentioning his favorite scene of season 4 was Jason's rape.
Flag
Thanks guys and also Kaitlin, looking forward reading your stuff. I wonder about Revolution, I'm not sure it's savable. Sure Kripke can talk about mistakes now but with most of these issues being painfully obvious from almost the first episode he must have been wilfully blind to not notice them and course-correct midseason. How can we trust someone who produced such garbage would turn out something good for Season 2. I have low expectations on this. In the interests of full-disclosure I also do not like Supernatural (sue me) so I have no loyalty to Kripke, so I'll only watch Season 2 if there's a damn good reason to.
Flag
What?! Consider yourself sued for not liking Supernatural!

I fully agree with the Revolution comments.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I'm glad you said what you did as I couldn't agree more. I actually do like Kripke and Supernatural, but that's besides the point. Garbage is....well garbage, whatever way you cut it, and this train wreck of a show has long since gone past the point of no return. To me the premise is awful and never made sense, and still doesn't make sense. Also, and more importantly the whole characterisation is just awful,awful,awful. I honestly can't bring myself to care for any of them...from Twilight dad who is all wrong for the role by the way, and particularly the lovesick kid who can't stop following the heroine like a lovesick puppy and all the rest of the cardboard characters. End this steampunk of a mess now I reckon and ....just come up with a better show as well as the comically bad....overly expository intro.
Flag
The pilots (season 1 episode 1) of NCIS, NCIS: LA and The Finder did not reuse footage from the backdoor pilot episodes of their parent shows (JAG, NCIS, Bones). I guess the Originals are tackling it differently.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members