Commander in Chief

First Disaster

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 01, 2005 on ABC

• An above average, well written episode.

In this episode, Mac is dealing with her first natural disaster while having to deal with family problems in the privacy of the White House. After the hurricane hit Florida and Mac learns of the tanker leaking the oil, and wants to bring the ship into a Florida port, with Speaker of the House Nathan Tempelton, being true to form is against the idea, mainly due to the fact that he wasn't able to get off Air Force One by the same route as Mac, and the episode revolves around his feeling of being left out of a photo op. Templeton then brings in the govenor of Florida to help force Mac, through the media into sinking the leaking tanker. However, what I liked about this part of the storyline is how Mac is able, yet again to use the law to get around the law and strike a deal with Templeton and the govenor and bring the tanker into a Military base in Florida. On the family front, I think that it was nice to see how the first family is dealing with have Mac as President, like Rebecca wanting to have some free time with her boyfriend and Rod feeling inadequate as the first gentleman due to the ridcule. I found it interesting to see how he found it easier to confide in Kelly than Mac about his plans on accepting the job of baseball comissioner, mainly because of the possibility of maybe the first husband having an affair with a staff member of his wife. In all, I found this to be an entertaining episode.