Commander in Chief

First... Do No Harm

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 25, 2005 on ABC

• Not that real politics is anything else but backstabbing and a lot of pretense, but this episode adopted too much of the mudslinging and not enough of the character developments that made the beginning of the series great.

5.5
    Am I the only one to feel good about Leslie Hope's character getting the boot? She is VERY annoying, a power hungry shark who does little more than try to advance her own career. I suppose it's good writing to make her that person, to make her "hate-able" like this.
    Same with Donald Sutherland. Templeton is a rather predictive character, but his directness was refreshing in the beginning. Now, though, his constant manipulation attempts have become dull and predictive. I get it, he doesn't want Mac to be President; but he should start to grow up and accept defeat.
    There was at least one more of those backstabbing plots: Kelly and her assistant who crossed the line. I almost missed that part because I had pretty much lost interest at that point. It's a shame, she's a great character.
    The family storyline was equally unoriginal. I'm just not convinced by this "let's work it out" attitude anymore.
    I wish Commander In Chief stopped throwing the same obstacles at their President every week, and give her something different to do. For once, just hold on to some members of staff, rather than firing or retiring one every week.