Commander in Chief

First... Do No Harm

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 25, 2005 on ABC

• A push for Rod and Kelly while the main plot doesn't quite spark.

7.8
    I was surprised that the main terrorist plot was actually almost secondary here but then that is part of the show's appeal. I did like how it developed as it wasn't until Templeton said he was proud of Mac that she realized what happened. Glad to see the AG is gone as her chracter didn't exactly mesh well.

Nice moments with Templeton here, first on the talk show where he easily minipulates the host into bringing up the terrorist issue. And I'm still trying to figure out whether or not he knew Mac didn't know about the torture when he congratulated her. I'm leaning toward the idea he didn't since he cost him a prime ally in the White House. That's how good Sutherland is in this role, it's often hard to see Templeton's true nature.

Kelly got a great scene here with her smackdown on her aide (and, if I'm reading between the lines correctly, boyfriend), bringing up once more her nervousness about her job and desire to do well with it. I hope to see her develop more as the season goes on.

And then we get to Rod and his obvious concern over being a national joke. I do hope he takes this job as it would bring some great tension. I highly suspect that if he did, the first thing the owners would do would be to have him try and get Mac to step in regarding the steriod issue.

So a quieter episode than usual but nice character developments which gives hope for the show.