Commander in Chief

First Scandal

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 08, 2005 on ABC

• Who is the leak?

7.9
    Well who is the leak in the White House???
    I thought Jim may have mentioned it during pillow talk with Jane but now I am not so sure. I cannot tell if Jim is a good guy or a bad guy.

I hope that Rod does have more of a official position as the transition has seemed to be very hard on him. It seems to be putting a strain on his and Mac's relationship where they could be working together against things they both believe in to make te country better while they are still in a position of power.

Becca is going to get herself into trouble and it will reflect badly on the president. I think see needs to think about the position her family is now in even if she doesn't like it and how her actions will impact of everyone.
    (But she is a teenager so I wouldn't expect her too)
  • becoming the best show for me

i agree with another member that wrote that this show focus more into the personal live of the first family and how the job affects the family in a very personal and private level. In this episode we see how the politcs has become very dirty when it comes to nomination for a high post in the goverment. The actors are great and the madame president make a great first actor in the show. Is bercoming on of my best show to ssde every week
  • This episode was revealing and it really developed the characters. Great dramatic scene. Best episode yet.

I watched it twice in the same day. Wonderful twists and great development of the characters. I like the backbone the President is developing as well as her staff. I loved the confirmation hearing. I aslo like the flash backs and how they gradually reveal and clarify. The scene between the president and Jim was well done. Their interaction makes the show. The first gentleman and his daughters are not very memorable but still a great episode.
  • As long as this show continues to deal with the personal sides of the characters, especially the first family, I will continue to love it.

I liked this episode. I like the fact that the first couple seems to be on one accord. I also like the fact that the personality of the children are developing. Horace is not as goody-goody as we thought. I love the show and I continue to love Geena Davis.
  • It was OK, but for crying out loud, if a show's about the president, the least you could do is make it follow the laws and customs of the country she governs.

3.9
    The episode was OK and all, but there's one thing that's driving me insane. Its the fact that the speaker of the house is holding confirmation hearings for the vice president. He's in the house, not the senate. For crying out loud. The house doesn't have any say in advising or consenting whatsoever.

As to the rest of the storyline, well, it was somewhat contrived. The camera in the bedroom, the emotional "breakthrough," and most of all that the two chiefs of staff were sleeping together. I mean, come on. A little bit of realism? The only bit that I did buy was the HIV subplot. I am intrigued to see where this is going to go.

3.9

• The best episode to date, and a perfect ending to Rod Lurie's direct involvement with the series

This series just keeps on getting better and better. With this ep being the last one written and produced by series creator Rod Lurie, it had a lot to do, and it accomplished it without making any one plot device seem unimportant or over-exposed. The only thing that disappointed me is that we didn't find out who leaked Mac's resignation letter.

The major surprise of the ep turned out to be Jim and Jane being together, but I don't think this is an indication that Jim is on Templeton's side. I also don't think that Templeton - contrary to what he might believe - 'owns' Keaton, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up finding that out the hard way.

The situation with Vince is interesting, although not surprising because I read some spoilers regarding a few future episodes.

Overall, this was a great way to end Rod Lurie's involvement on the series, and, if the previews for next week are any indication, should mesh seemlessly with the first products of Steven Boccho's regime.
  • I actually cheered and applauded my TV!

What a great episode this was! I cheered and applauded when the President asked her husband not to go to NY and not take the commissioner job. Seriously I was cheering out loud, had been a while since I did that.... It was about time Mac showed any kind of emotion toward her husband instead of bottling it all up. Kudos to the writers on that one! I gasped when Vince revealed his secret and I almost fell off the couch when we were shown the true meaning of "strange bedfellows" by the two chief of staffs. Definitely give this episode a 10!