Commander in Chief

First Scandal

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 08, 2005 on ABC

• The best episode to date, and a perfect ending to Rod Lurie's direct involvement with the series

This series just keeps on getting better and better. With this ep being the last one written and produced by series creator Rod Lurie, it had a lot to do, and it accomplished it without making any one plot device seem unimportant or over-exposed. The only thing that disappointed me is that we didn't find out who leaked Mac's resignation letter.

The major surprise of the ep turned out to be Jim and Jane being together, but I don't think this is an indication that Jim is on Templeton's side. I also don't think that Templeton - contrary to what he might believe - 'owns' Keaton, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up finding that out the hard way.

The situation with Vince is interesting, although not surprising because I read some spoilers regarding a few future episodes.

Overall, this was a great way to end Rod Lurie's involvement on the series, and, if the previews for next week are any indication, should mesh seemlessly with the first products of Steven Boccho's regime.