Commander in Chief Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Geena Davis confirms CIC will get a 2 hour TV movie

lovethalis

[1]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 7

Last night (or this morning ), Geena Davis was on the Jimmy Kimmel Show.  At first I found it odd she be there since the show ended so I thought, what is she promoting?  Well she was there because the first season of CIC will be out on DVD Tuesday.  When the DVD was held up, you could clearly make out it was only "Part 1."     Anywho, she did confirm that the show will get a 2 hour, TV movie.

She was pretty funny on the show.  She said she refuses to step down so she ended up taking the oval office home.  She said it's set up in her garage and she's been filming scenes in it just in case.   

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dees189227

[2]Jun 23, 2006
    That is really good news. Did they say how much the dvd will cost? Lol about her having the oval office in her garage. Good to see she can still have a laugh

lovethalis

[3]Jun 23, 2006
    dees189227 wrote:
    That is really good news. Did they say how much the dvd will cost? Lol about her having the oval office in her garage. Good to see she can still have a laugh

No, they didn't say how much the DVD cost but if it's more than $20, I'm gonna be really P'd off. What? Does each part have 5 episodes?! Come on!! Leave it to ABC to totally slap the fans in the face. They jerk us around with scheduling of the show and now that it's over they're selling the show to us in TWO PARTS?!?! Give me a break!!!

Geena Davis didn't mention the fact that it would be 2 parts cause I'm sure she has nothing to do with it. I'm trying to think of what else she said in the interview....

lovethalis

[4]Jun 23, 2006
    Oh! She mentioned that she took up archery and 2 1/2 years later she was trying out for the Olympics. Jimmy asked her if the ones who had been doing it since they were like 8 were mad about that. She said no, they were very welcoming and then she joked that no one goes to archery competitions except maybe your mom. So she was able to compete for like 2 years and no one knew. As soon as the press found out, like 50 reporters showed up for the Olympic tryouts and were there standing behind her target. hahahahaha! And Jimmy said, "Behind the target? No wonder no one goes!" Then she realized what she said and said, "oh no, not behind the target, behind me!"

What else?

Jimmy mentions that because she played the first female president on TV, she gets to go to all these political things now. So they joke about how when she played a pirate, she wasn't invited to "pirate things" or when she played a ballplayer no baseball team called or when she played an assasin, the CIA didn't call her either. hahaha. So she says she was recently at a dinner with Hillary Clinton who sat at her table. So Jimmy asks her if they're friends now, did they talk? Geena said no, she didn't talk to her, she was a little intimidated by being there. So what does Jimmy say, "I heard she has a filthy mouth!" hahahahaha! That was hilarious cause she was so shocked she burst into laughter and had no response.

The interview was very short but very funny.

macallengirl28

[5]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    I am like soooooooooo happy about the movie, it's really what the show needed since it got cancelled. ABC is just a production company run by a bunch of Morons!! LOL

SundayVM

[6]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 14
    Here is the clip confirming!!  Yippee!! http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2006/06/commander_in_chief_geena_davis_president_will_return.html

macallengirl28

[7]Jun 26, 2006

On www.geena-davis.net, Davis confirmed that CiC will get a tv movie, (of course) and if that goes well it may lead to more episodes of CiC. Also in that artical it said that 78% of Americans are fimilar with the show and 56% of Americans take the idea of a female president seriously. With those number's, Geena or Mac could be our next president.

cookaberry

[8]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    I'm so happy it's going to come back for a two hour movie! That's great!

Horselover1

[9]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 18
    Thanks for sharing. The interview sounds really funny. I'm sorry I missed it. That's hilarious she said she took the Oval Office home with her. I don't understand why they split up the DVD into 2 volumes. It's not like the season had a lot of episodes. Maybe they just did it to make more money. Let's hope a lot of people will watch the movie & ABC will bring back this wonderful show (which never should have been canceled in the first place)!
    Edited on 06/27/2006 10:10am

L8O1S5T

[10]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think they wanted to keep the momentum up for the show by seperating it into 2 volumes. To keep fans talking and to keep it alive so to speak. But this is great. So it seems like the reason it was cancelled was because of internal problems etc so its possible that if the movie does well, the show may return. Thats good news.

Pinkmyst

[11]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 24
    I hope they show it in Australia. They axed Commander in Chief here and we never got to see the end

GeenaDavisNet

[12]Jul 8, 2006
    I have a clip of the Jimmy Kimmel appearance plus a full transcript available at Geena-Davis.net.

Horselover1

[13]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 18
    Cool! Thanks for letting us know. I'll be sure to check it out.

rustbuckets4

[14]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    Anyone know when this is going to air?

quigley_lib

[15]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 13
    rustbuckets4 wrote:
    Anyone know when this is going to air?

They haven't filmed it yet so there is no eta. My guess is maybe spring sweeps?

zap_niles

[16]Sep 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    L8O1S5T wrote:
    I think they wanted to keep the momentum up for the show by seperating it into 2 volumes. To keep fans talking and to keep it alive so to speak. But this is great. So it seems like the reason it was cancelled was because of internal problems etc so its possible that if the movie does well, the show may return. Thats good news.

2 Volumes....hmm, I'm just speculating, but could she have been a bit "optimistic," implying that perhaps the series isn't exactly over? That the first season will be released on DVD, but that more (the 2-hour movie and maybe future episodes) are being planned, which would then make up "Part 2"?

Anyway, when she was on The View a few weeks ago, she also made mention of the movie being planned. Now let's hope another network (other than ABC, who royally screwed up with this series) takes interest in the movie, then after it places high in the ratings, picks up the series for another season. That would serve ABC right!

jtypoco

[17]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    macallengirl28 wrote:

Also in that artical it said that 78% of Americans are fimilar with the show and 56% of Americans take the idea of a female president seriously. With those number's, Geena or Mac could be our next president.

Or Hillary.  As Dubya has said in January, "Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton." (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/09/politics/09memo.html?ex=1297141200&en=d7a8dba5379f92a1&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss)

nikkie_fikkie

[18]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 15
    WOO HOO!!!  I am so happy to hear it. I love this show.

ranld

[19]Oct 30, 2006
    Pinkmyst wrote:
    I hope they show it in Australia. They axed Commander in Chief here and we never got to see the end

What end...?  We have yet to see the end here in the States also. 

Peggy_Porcupine

[20]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 13
    I guess the $ 64,000 question (that DOES date me!) is WHEN IS THE 2 PARTER????

Peggy from Porcupine