Commander in Chief

No Nukes Is Good Nukes (2)

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 2006 on ABC

• I was glued to the screen and I even recorded the show and watched it again this morning before work. everyone at work watched last night also and we talked for an hour about how good this one episode was. It was exactly why I watch this show!

The new show is as good or better than the Sopranos! I have watched all the episodes and I am looking forward to more. I hope that the writers and everyone responsible for the show continues to give us more episodes and not spaced so far apart. I hate to get hooked on a certin show and it just leaves me hanging for months, sometimes years for a new episode. Sopranos did this exact thing and I eventuly I lost intrest and when a new episode did finely air I had forgotten what happen before and I just didn\'t care due to the fact that I was afraid the same thing would happen.
  • This episode was part of a two-part series.

"No Nukes is Good Nukes (2)" was a good episode that was touching in some ways and captivating in others. There appearances of so many people from different backgrounds as well as the differential languages being spoken highlighted the show. I epecially liked the way modern issues were applied into the episode, for example how China wants the Embargo to be lifted and how the US stood strong against it. I liked the accented English spoken by the Chinese ambassador making it real. The children in this episode were only supporting actors/actresses, and except for the high school scenes, I didn't think it was needed.

A good episode from a good show.
  • A nice ending for "Operation Homecoming"

What an episode! This one was definitely a nail-biter that looked like for once, not everything would be resolved peachy-keen for Mac's administration. I'm a little disappointed that yet another issue was resolved, only on tv I guess... but I think it was done to set up the idea that if Mac runs for a second term, she might actually win. I love that Mac finally agreed to run again and that she admitted that she does enjoy the power, that she does enjoy being President. I would like to however see one episode where things go wrong and one episode where Mac doesn't always have to run to Mr. Speaker to resolve things.
  • CIC remains my favorite show and tonight's episode is a perfect example why. I remain an adamant fan of Geena Davis and love the style and attitude she brings to the character of president. I also would like to wish her congrats on her Golden Globe Award.

Part two was outstanding. As always, I enjoyed the combination of the duties of the oval office and the duties or obligations to the family. I like the fact that Rebecca seems to be warming up more towards her mother, even if she does not like her mother's new job. I enjoyed this episode of CIC and I am no longer worried about the path that mr. SB is taking it.
    Go CIC!
  • Good finish to the previous episode, even if the ending was a forgone conclusion.

Mac is very single minded in regards to the rescue of the sailors on the sub, which is an admirable trait, however... As I mentioned in the review for the first part of this two-parter, I do kind of wish that she might not get her way, that the crisis may not be resolved in the happy-happy way of tv land. There was a fair amount of tension through the show, and it was maintained very well, but just once it would be interesting to see how it would be treated if the real world were allowed to intrude.

The conversation that never happened between Mrs. Templeton and Jayne was an interesting touch - and of course, she goes back to work for him. Hmm... I hope this doesn't mean she becomes "the enemy" again, as I was just starting to like her as her own character separate from Nathan.

• Good show and good episode

i think this show will keep going and going if the writers and directors do a good job. In this episode we can see how diffucult is for a presdent to deal with top secret situation. They relay a good feeling on how the first family deal wiuth the problem and that they are olso human been
  • More episodes like this one and we could have a great series & season!

Commander in Chief started weak, weak, weak, but by the time it was placed like one of the shows that landed to stay for more seasons so why writers don't effort creating stories like the one in this episode where you can see the quality that the series can affoard and even more can increase with a more focused attention of creativity and intense moments like the ones we lived on this episode when it was really close to see a great but devastating war. Mac ruled succesfully in this international huge problem and we get to see a more complexity in many of the characters. Commander can be a great series but needs a lot of commanding from the creators.
  • Ok. Wondering whats going to hapopen between grey hair and pressy.

We get some good character background, some decent action and good PR.
    Bit dissappionted with the kiss though. It happens and then.. it doesnt no reaction anywhere. And it was a bit premature- Pressie could have blamed it all on the other guys and he reacted when?
    Also the mother is a tad too perky for my liking.
    But.. there was action. And it was easy enough for me to understyand while doing work.
    And it also had none of those annoying US based area where you just go ok and move on not understanding a thing.
    Good on you tho. :) :)
  • Great conclusion.

Another great episode and conclusion to last weeks episode.
    Keeping everyone calm is a tough job even for the president. I think she was very lucky but handled things quite well given the fact she doesn't not have a lot of experience. I also like that she stuck to her guns and didn't cave in.

Templeton’s wife is one person to watch. She secretly encourages Jayne Murray to accept Nathan’s offer to rejoin his office as chief of Staff. I would hate to get on her bad side but be interested to see what she would do to try and destroy Mac so Nathan can become president.
  • woaaah!! nerve wracking is a real good classification for this one.

i actually felt the stress of being responsible from a huge country and indirectly the rest of the world.that kind of power is so scary.i dont understand how anyone can pull so much stress.i could,personally,but i\'d be crying in breaks instead of the cold strong face of our woman.i dont know the name cos i just started watching in the previous episode but i already adore her.And i kinda hated Kore government :) Great job.