Commander in Chief

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2005 on ABC

• Commander-In-Chief Pilot Episode Geena Davis in the role of President of the United States?

I viewed this episode out of curiosity. Before tuning into the program, my first thought was my hesitancy in Geena Davis playing such a role. She has been in a number of fun flicks that are always enjoyable to me. However, I somehow could not envision her in this role.

I felt perplexed as to the believability of Geena playing the role of President of the United States. I was amazed that Ms. Davis gave a stunning and convincing characterization in this role. I liked the candor she demonstrated with her family as a mom and a wife. It illustrated the humanness as a woman, a mom and a leader. She also portrayed frankness and directness with her staff, cabinet members, etc.

Personable, honest, and professional along with a desire to do what is right will perhaps win over the audience of this upcoming television drama as Geena Davis characterizing the President of the United States. I believe the series has promise.

I plan on tuning in and viewing the events surrounding a presidency and the issues around a woman being in that position.