Commander in Chief

The Mom Who Came to Dinner

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 29, 2005 on ABC

• Looking at other reviews, my verdict might be surprising, but I believe this episode has put quite a few interesting storylines in motion.

To be honest, I wasn't too happy with this series until now, it didn't seem to be going anywhere. Naturally, the new President needed some time to settle in, but one didn't get the impression that the producers had much of a vision where the show was going to go. This episode singlehandedly offers us a series of plots for the future:

- Kelly and Dickie - they seem to be made for each other...
    - the election campaign of an independent candidate
    - how will Nathan Templeton play the game now that he has the original tape? (Well, can he be really sure that there ain't another copy out there?) Templeton sometimes seems to have some honor - it will be interesting.
    - Mac's mom as a "Barbara Bush"-style first mum, I see trouble coming
    - the career of Jayne Murray (I hope they make her a regular, her character has potential)
    - Dickie seems to be a crossover of Josh Lyman, Sam Seaborn and Joey Lucas from "The West Wing", he just might bring some action into the White House

Well, now I am actually looking forward to future episodes of "Commander In Chief" - especially as one of my favorite shows "The West Wing" seems to be finished.