Commander in Chief

Ties That Bind

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 27, 2006 on ABC

• Changes in the oval office..this review contains spoilers

I finally was able to watch an episode after the long...long...hiatus and missing the last 2 new episodes. It was a good one to catch. CIC is finally getting back to the earlier episodes and hopefully that may just save it.
    For some reason however, I really do not like the first children. They act nothing like one would expect children to ask seasoned for years in the public spotlight. Who ever writes the plots for Becca and Horace do not know anything about teenagers except the media's portray of them. Becca is spoiled, self -centered and very very annoying. And the thing with the IM? Who talks to strangers on AIM like that? I know it’s an issue but at least in my opinion one that is a bit dated. Maybe 2,3, years ago that would be a reasonable plot line for a teen on TV but not know. And Horace? He started out the show so differently. Now he's almost as bad as Becca. Please don't read on if you don't want to be spoiled:

But if it is going where I think it is going and Horace gets the girl pregnant-I just think it is a bad plot to go on. I love Everwood but Everwood it is not. I understand that it happens in today's society but a president's son getting a girl pregnant? I mean you think a son of the president would know something about protection. Maybe I can buy the whole getting her pregnant but having it come out to the press? That's dumb. Could you imagine if that happened to Chelsea Clinton or the Bush twins?

End Spoiler

Rod is my favorite character but he didn't even talk to his son for more that five minutes about the night before. The kids get ignored a lot on this show.

The rest of the episode was good; I liked the conversation Mac had with Warren though I'm sad to see him go. I don't know if it was mentioned before the hiatus or after but I wonder what deal Warren and Templeton made.

I like Dickie -another spoiler-
    and I don't want to see him fired. But the 3rd shakeup and CIC may send him the way of Bochco. While Bochco gone is good- not Dickie. I hope not he adds nice conflict.

Good episode can't wait for next week. Makes up for Jack and Bobby...almost :)