Commander in Chief

Unfinished Business

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jun 14, 2006 on ABC

• This episode focused on the announcements of both the President and the speaker that they would run for office. The character of the Speaker was consistent show his need for power and self interest, opposite to that of the President.

I can't see the logic in cutting this series with the masterful creation of characters and the acting of Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland. This series was drama at it's best.

Though I rate the series with top marks, the last episode did not stand up to the best of the episodes.

The tensions between the members of the Presidential Staff seem to have nearly disappeared. Maybe this was to heighten our interest in the upcoming face off of a Presidential Election but it lacked the character interest that had been present in many of the earlier episodes.

The meeting of first daughter with her texting friend was a let down, mostly because it was so predictable.

The "debate" was fantastic. Both Geena and Don did wondeful jobs of making us see what they believed in, and were totally "in character" and interesting.

I'm very sad that the show will not return and hope that maybe one of the cable networks will pick it up and continue it. Espeically that West Wing is gone, there should be a market for this type of show. This was much better than West Wing and should have lasted at least as long.