Committed

NBC (ended 2005)

Committed Fan Reviews (25)

• Every pot his its lid in this hilarious show about two odd ducks that hit it off on an accidental blind date. Unjustly canceled after a first season of just 13 episodes.

Unlike most comedies I've seen, this one is actually laugh out loud funny, without the embarrassment humor* that everyone seems to rely on these days. I like fresh, new ideas in the television shows I watch, and this definitely fits, in my opinion. I like the quirkiness of the characters, which was obvious, but not overstated. Nate has phobias and quirks of genius while Marni is friendly to a fault and says what she's thinking, no matter how weird. If two odds make an even, they are an even pair of oddballs. But it works.

The supporting characters are also odd and hilarious, the entire cast is wonderful. Tess, the boozing, highly irresponsible nanny who lives across the hall from Marni is (to me) a fresh take on the comic relief friend with no inhibitions. I don't know what it is, but I just love her. Bowie, Nate's friend and coworker is funny because he's so different than Nate, so their interactions are funny. He eventually becomes friends with Tess and they are a good (friendly) match. Clown's deadpan humor and odd behavior is also a welcome addition to the entire group of oddballs.

The show was unjustly canceled after the first season, apparently for low ratings, but it doesn't seem to have been given a chance. It's a shame, really. Of course I don't expect it to ever come back, but I'd love to see it on DVD.

*Embarrassment humor (my term) puts a character in a situation that embarrasses them severely, just for the humor. I hate this because for some reason I relate, and keenly feel the embarrassment with them. This is done a lot on Frasier and Ellen, usually because of a misunderstanding.
  • Committed: Ahead of it's Time.

If you think you've seen one sitcom, you've seen them all... Think again! Committed is a absolute breath of fresh air to that of the standard sitcom that plauges our TV screens today. The characters are lovable the Storylines are great and best of all, it's actually funny.

There are two main characters in the Show, Marny(Jennifer Finagan); a lovable dippy girl with a happy outlook on life, and Nate(Josh Cooke), a quirky guy with a charming personality. ach bring something brilliant to the show. As it stands, Committed has been cancelled after only just thirteen episodes and many people cry for its return, will we ever get to seen it make a return, you're guess is as good as mine.

Committed brings a smile to my face everytime i watch it, the jokes are fantastic even if they are on the silly side. I'd advise anyone to give this show a watch, you won't regret it!
  • Pleeease bring it back!

This show was one of my all time favorites. I wish it hadn't gotten cancelled. :( The show was so great, and to me was the funniest series on tv. This show was a good example of NBC pulling the trigger to early. Given enough time, it could have been their next big hit. At times it seemed the writers were trying to hard to be funny. A good example was the clown in the closet. However, it still was funny. It was a bit much but it worked. It made the show unique and made me lmao. Committed won't come back but I ask NBC to PLEASE release it on DVD!
  • I miss this show! It was cancelled way too soon.

One of the best comedies I had seen in a long time. I was extremely disappointed when I heard that the show had been cancelled. The only positive outcome of the show’s cancellation was that the final episode didn’t leave the audience hanging. I loved the characters on the show and the off-the-wall situations they got into. I think the show would have taken off if it had been given the opportunity to and had more publicity. This show was absolutely hilarious and I found myself cracking up often. I looked forward to watching it every week and have yet to find a new comedy that has me laughing the way this one did.
  • FUNNY!

This show is, I guess you can say, "stupid" funny. That is what is so funny about it. The jokes were funny, and you just had to fall in love with the craziness of Marni. This was a comedy that you thought would be so funny, just like all the other NBC comedies. It is ashame that NBC did not renew Committed for a second season, even though it really did deserve a second season. When this show comes out on DVD, if it will ever, I will definetly get it. Committed is very funny and it will always be known as a funny NBC comedy, even though it only lasted for one season, unfourtunately.
  • Amazing show, extremly funny. Even more amazing that it got cancelled

This is by far my favorite show that only lasted one season (the number 2 would be firefly), so its definetly in the top 3. It was hilarious. Not all the characters were very good, but to say the least we all were in love with Marni, she was just the right amount of crazy (it may be too much for many, but to me it was perfect).

The day it was decided not to give it a second season, was a very, very sad day to we all, lovers of fine commedy. I wish at least it comes out in dvd soon, but I haven't seen anything to make me think that it will.
  • Boy oh boy, I miss this show.

Boy oh boy, I miss this show. Thank goodness I videotaped them all. I thought it was the first new series in a long time that was original and very funny. I recently read that it was cancelled because of yet another religious group protest (over the communion episode) , and that drives me CRAZY. It never ceases to amaze me that a group of people who seem to hold claim to being the most 'patriotic' seem hell bent on taking away the rights of others. These days, I spend more time changing the channel from things I don't want to watch than finding something I do. Finally, there's something new I want to watch and some people haven't figured out how to change the channel. Argh!!!! Well, at least Josh Cooke is back in "Four Kings" this January, which I'm looking forward to checking out.
  • This show should get 10 just for Jennifer Finnigan.

If only NBC wanted to be number 1 in Ratings. they should bring Committed back. NBC is already number 4 and going down the drain. They should Bring back this show and beat "According to Jim" and "King Of Queens". Orale holmes, Committed is one of the greatest sitcoms I've ever watched next to "Everybody Loves Raymond". Jennifer Finnigan is so hot and exquisitely cute.
  • Great show i so glad the finished the season at least the did where i live..I hate they didnt bring it back..They should have keeped it on after Joey.that was a great combo...

Great show i so glad the finished the season at least the did where i live..I hate they didnt bring it back..They should have keeped it on after Joey.that was a great combo...I think both shows would keep people watching...Why they put it on tueday nights who knows..Hope they bring it back one day.
  • this show was really funny i dont understand why the people became butholes and take it off the air i mean they should have at least give it a full season these people come up with shows to take it off just to piss us off it should come back.

from what i saw in this show it looked like it had a great future it was funny dramatic and much more to me i love to see these kind of shows because they sometimes give hope that u can find happines no matter what.

i say bring back the show
  • Charming Comedy

7.8
    Committed was a charming comedy from Eileen Heisler and DeAnne Heline. It was in the tradition of the classic sitcoms, but added a few twists to keep people watching. It stared Jennifer Finnegan as Marnie, a free spirit who loves everyone, and is in search of her one true love. Josh Cooke is Nate, a record storeowner who has many issues with life, love and religion. These two meet on a date in which they were supposed to meet other people, and it’s love at first sight. Darius McCrary is Nate’s friend Bowie, who still reminds me of his Family Matters days. For me, one of the best leads is Tom Poston as a dying clown who lives in Marnie's closet and mostly walks around the apartment in a bathrobe trying to do magic tricks. This was a good sitcom, but didn’t last into a second season. They should bring it back, but Finnegan has moved on to do drama.
  • A great show that shouldn't have ever been canceled.

What stupid fools would cancel a show as great as "Committed"? NBC has yet to prove themselves by keeping a great show. They hardly gave it a chance. They used it as a mid-season replacement, and just canceled it for that reason. I think that they should have given it a shot at a second season in the fall, and then made the decision. I mean, come on! That was like half a season. I hope that they can make a DVD of "Committed--The Complete series" just as they did with "Father of the Pride". This show had it all. Humor, drama, lessons, and more. NBC better prove themselves with "NoTORIous" this fall (which I have no clue when it premiers). Committed did well in the ratings and humor, but it was NBC's stupid decision to ruin it. It was never even given a chance. At least the WB and FOX have been good to their mid-season replacements, they are renewing "Living with Fran" and FOX is renewing "Stacked". Then in may, they will make their desicion. That's good work, you two! As for NBC...I have nothing to say.
  • Committed

I adored this show! It reminded me so much of Mad About You. Bring it back!

Committed is the kooky show that follows two odd-balls who accidentally end up on a blind date. Later episodes delve further into off-the-wall situations. Add to this the clown who live in the closet and a few odd friends and you have one awesome show!
  • IT ROCKED

what were they thinking canceling it man it was so good i loved the clown. also tammy lynn michaels charater was so funny. the show was kinda of like a straight will and grace and a wierder dharma and greg but whatea it was so kool so i say bring it back
  • NBC has lost a great show

Commited was the funniest show of the year. it showcased one of the best talents on television.Jennifer finnigan a two time day time emmy award winner for the role she played as bridget on the Bold and the beautiful.The wheel chair guy(sorry dont know his name) The most anoying and evil person in primetime. infact the wheel chair dude was just needed to add flavor to a great comedy show.it is sad that commited had only 13 episodes. i watched them all. the first episode was classic that charasmatic dude afraid of elevators so he takes one just to see marty who is played by finnigan.
  • A must see!

Committed was well ahead of its time, personally I think it was the new Seinfeld. This series was very unappreciated during its time and could see a revival when it gets released on DVD. Hopefully this series will get released in R2 too as from what I have seen this would be well taken in Europe. This series will probably not come back as the stars have moved on starring in new TV programs including Closer to Home. The final episode was written as a finale and gave fans some resolution after following this classic series for its short run.
  • Nate, a guy who falls in love with a girl named Marni, undergoes strange situations.

7.8
    Started off awesome, Ended horribly, all in one season, the only season. If they would have waited and put it in the summer then maybe it would have had some more success. The problem was it got less funnier and other shows were on, so eventually it was just... forgotten.
  • This show was actually pretty good to watch. I'm a little surprised the series seems to have ended. I got interested in it when scrubs was showing back to back with this show. From there I got hooked into the show. Now there is no season to wait for anymo

That is so sad that a good show is now no more. I really liked watching the show with scrubs. I was so looking forward to how the relationship between this weird dating couple was going to grow into. I am not sure, I do not think it got horrible reviews. I do wish this to come back real soon in the near future. I think there is still time before another season comes up.
  • It's about two people all of a sudden meeting and pursuing a relationship. There's more, but you can find out by looking at athe summary on the site.

I don't usually watch shows like "Committed" because they're usually corny, but this one was different. I think it's because of the characters on the show and how well they work together. You probably wouldn't normally see these characters in a group together, and that's what makes the show unique. I like it. I was dissappointed when I didn't see the show come on anymore. I was anxious to see Darius McCrary and Ronreaco Lee every episode. They are so fine. Cancelling this show was a big mistake. I think many would agree.
  • One of the best shows I've seen in a while. Underappreciated and should not have been cancelled.

I love this show. At first, I thought it would be another one of those midseason shows that would be horrible and not deserve to see the light of day, but after watching it the first time it aired, I realized that this show was hilarious. I continued watching it for the rest of the season, and laughed my butt off. It's truly one of the best shows that has appeared on network TV in the past few years. Unfortunately, the show was horribly underappreciated and underrated and got the axe after the first season. This show definitely deserved a second season. Maybe we'll get lucky and at least get a DVD of the first season.
  • This review says it all.

When it comes to genious in show creation you can't out-do the people behind this show. with such hits as "Roseanne" & "Murphy Brown" you know they have staying power. The only trouble with this new show "Commited", is that they put it out at a bad time and probably on a bad network. Sadly real shows like this have a hard time surviving the "reality tv" phenominon. I wish this show had recieved more press and that people would have given it the chance it desereved.
  • This was an absolutely wonderful show. It was sweet and funny, and should have never been canceled!

One of my favorite shows for sure. It is a shame that it won't be coming back. I loved all of the characters, the plots were halarious, and not one episode bored me. I wish more of the shows that are on now were like that. We need more shows like this one!
  • a great show that didnt deserve to be cancelled

everything about this show was funny. the plots were some of the most original ive seen in a while. and still nbc chooses that crap "the office" over this show. well if nbc wants to be in the ratings toilet then thats their problem. but dont kill a show with so much potential. well thats my 2 cents worth. It was a great show.
  • This show is so funny and simple , the plot is and characters are just perfect.

Committed is is not only a family show it is for every one and any one who likes a good laugh . They picked the perfect cast to play the parts . Nate is so complicated and so twisted that he is perfect for marni . With todd after marni and the season finally ,the plot thickens each episode.
  • This show involves a man and women in love. The women (Marnie) has a friend who babysits and a clown living in her closet. The guy works in a record store with his friend and together hilarity insues!

This show was good for a laugh...it wasn't perfect but the clown made up for any mistakes. Overall I laughed more watching this show than I did with any other mediocer comedy I mean how can Joey get picked up for another season and not this? Over all I would love this show to be out on DVD so I could watch it whenever.