Community

Advanced Criminal Law

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Oct 15, 2009 on Yahoo

7.1
  • "I'm sorry, do you mind if we have this conversation in a room with less balls?"

For a lot of viewers, this episode probably didn't do much in the way of impressing.. but for me, it convinced me that this show should be picked up for a full season. It was uneven and didn't really have much of a plot, but it had its funny moments and showed each character in their element.

The best part of the show, for me, is the dialogue. It's quick, witty and it's almost always funny. Except for the occasions where Senor Chang is delegated to saying things like "poop" and throwing tantrums, then the show seems like one of the smarter ones on TV right now. Professor Duncan and Abed saying the names of shows while walking by each other was great, as was Abed and Troy's attempts to mess around with each other. The Pierce and Annie plot was pretty stupid though and could've easily been thrown out.

Joel McHale's character is really starting to grow on me too.. he's not just a weird guy who is obsessed with Britta and a jerk. He's just a guy who's coasted through life and is trying to adjust to a life of trying. And each week makes him a little more likeable.

I hope the show can continue on and keep building off of what they've created already.