Community

Season 1 Episode 5

Advanced Criminal Law

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 15, 2009 on NBC

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

• Trivia

• During the pencil mouth game between Abed and Troy, Abed tells Troy he managed to stick 36 pencils into his mouth. There were more than 36 pencils (between 38 to 41) in Troy's mouth before he took them out.

• Music: As Pierce tries to come up with a school song, he uses the melodies of the children's songs, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain". He finally settles with using the music of Bruce Hornsby's "The Way It Is" from the 1986 album of the same name.

• Britta's full name is Britta Perry. Professor Duncan's first name is Ian while Dean Pelton's first name is Craig. Señor Chang's first name is Ben.

• Quotes

• Professor Duncan: Good morning. How is student life, my dry-witted friend?
      Jeff: Probably the same as teacher life, but less tragic, because I get to leave.
      Professor Duncan: Very dry. Very witty. Not a great friend.

• Jeff: (to Britta) So, I guess the cellphone number you put on the study group contact sheet was fake which I just learned in the awkward conclusion of a month-long text message affair with a dude from Boulder.

• Jeff: Whoever made that crib sheet wasn't a real cheater. Just... (looks at Annie) insecure and naive.
      Annie: I may be naive, but I'm not stupid. (everyone looks at Troy)
      Troy: Well, I may be stupid, but I'm not trying to look like I'm not. (everyone looks at Pierce)
      Pierce: Well, I may be a genius, but I'm not a lesbian. (looks at Britta)

• Britta: I'm not gonna sit while some hokey tribunal gets its jollies judging me.
      Jeff: Hey, if you show up with me, follow my lead, and deny everything, you'll walk. That's the Winger guarantee.
      Britta: I get it. You think you're gonna save my bacon using your lawyer powers and send me into fits of grateful arousal.
      Jeff: I can neither confirm nor deny that. See how good I am?

• Pierce: You can tell the dean I'll have a song that will make the devil poop God's pants.
      Annie: That's... exciting.

• Professor Duncan: You did what?!
      Señor Chang: Oh, shut your pompous vortex of overlapping fangs!

• Jeff: (to Britta) Look how handsome my face is. If all I wanted was sex, I could get it from plenty of women without having to go through all this crap. I'm here because I like you, and I-- I'd be psyched to be your friend. I just didn't want to take sex off the table without doing my due diligence.

• Jeff: If crazy people can't be at Greendale, where are we supposed to go?

• Annie: You listen up, Pierce! I'm gonna tell you what my mother told me when I wanted to quit cheerleading. 'You're not very pretty, you have no boobs, and you can't do a basket toss to save your life.' But you made a commitment. So pick up your pompoms, Pierce, stuff your bra, and get ready for the team bus to forget you at a Taco Bell, because life is tough. But we soldier on, and that's just the way it goes.

• Notes

• Allusions

More
Less