Community

Anthropology 101

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 23, 2010 on NBC

7.4
  • Welcome back Greendale College

Welcome back Greendale College gang and fans. This is the premiere for Community's second season. This episode was trying to deal with everything that happened in the season finale with the love quadrangle (Britta/Jeff/Slater and Annie) and Troy living with Pierce. There was a lot of crazy meta self-referential humor that stretched the limits of fourth wall. I cannot possibly fit everything into this small section of all the things I caught (Troy wearing Spiderman PJs/#DonaldGlover4spiderman, twitter name dropping like crazy), suffice to say it was dealt with everything better than I thought. For fans who complain the relationship-py stuff was taking over, despite there was a lot of kissing going on in this ep, it was not all that it appeared. Community does what it does best, take sitcom conventions with misleads and does something else with them, being very meta and self-aware, and paying tribute to movie and pop culture references. For those who didn't like this episode much, I have a feeling the rest of the show is not necessarily indicative of the remaining season, it was just a way to jam as much as possible into the premiere and tie up loose ends. I love this show very much.
MNT