A Community Community
NBC (ended 2014)

DEVELOPMENT CRAZY

... AMC has renewed Comic Book Men for a fourth season as part of a big announcement of its programming and development slate for the 2014-2015 TV season. The network known for being so damn serious with shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men is getting into the comedy game with a pilot order for We Hate Paul Revere, a sitcom about a pair of brothers in Colonial Boston who think they deserve a little more credit for the history of the town. AMC also announced a whole truckload of shows that are in development, the highlights of which I've summarized below!

• Area 51 from The X-Files' Chris Carter and The Walking Dead's Gale Anne Hurd, a drama about the infamous military site where the government is burying secrets about contact with aliens. 
  • Police State, a drama with black humor about a security guard who is recruited by an organization like the NSA.
  • Kingmakers, a drama about a campaign manager who gets back into politics when his friend is assassinated while campaigning for governor.
  • Bombingham, a period drama about the Civil Rights movement in Birmingham, Alabama.
  • The Sparrow, a sci-fi drama about a Jesuit mission that leads to the first contact with aliens.
  • Jerry's World, a drama about a woman who moves in with her boyfriend, his daughter, and his Alzheimer's-stricken father, who teaches her a new way to look at life. 
  • Paradise Lost, a drama about a group of friends who start their own community. Of course bad things happen!
  • "Untitled John Leguizamo Project," a comedy from John Leguizamo about a group of dudes in New York City dealing with life. I'm pretty sure this is the 153rd time he's tried to get this developed. 
  • No Money Down, a comedy about the employees at an Austin auto dealer.
  • Random Acts, a comedy about two lady friends who deal with regular life problems and their jobs. Oh, they're hitwomen! 
  • Sober Buddies, a comedy about a sober coach and the kid he's trying to keep sober.

For a more complete rundown of AMC's new development slate, hit the link. [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... Showtime has ordered a new docu-series from immersive docu-expert Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) called Seven Deadly Sins. As you may've guessed, it's a look at the seven deadly sins—lust, greed, gluttony, sloth, pride, envy, and greenlighting Sean Saves the World wrath. It sounds like the tone of the show will be no-punches-pulled and darkly comedic, as most Spurlock docs tend to be. Seven Deadly Sins will debut Thursday, June 19 at 11pm. [Showtime via press release]

... Community's "six seasons and a movie" mantra has historically been a joke given the show's underdog status, but dammit, we're five seasons in with a decent shot at getting a sixth, and now realistic movie discussions have reportedly begun. Justin Lin, who directed the original paintball episode of the NBC comedy, has allegedly been tapped on the shoulder with interest in his helming a feature film about Greendale. The would-be project is at a very early stage in the development process, so don't get your hopes up yet, but still: Cool, cool, cool! [TV Guide]

... A&E's Those Who Kill was recently pulled from the network's schedule after a few dismal outings, but A&E promised that it would be back. Well it is, sorta! Those Who Kill will get a second chance on A&E's sister station LMN TV, otherwise known as Lifetime Movie Network. The news was announced on the show's Facebook page, so yeah, A&E really went all out to save this show. Those Who Kill's new shift on LMN starts this Sunday at 10pm with a brand new episode, the series' third. To keep LMN diehards up to speed, the channel will air the first two episodes that already aired on A&E from 8 to 10pm. I knew this show was bad, but a demotion to LMN might even be too cruel. [Deadline Hollywood]

... E! had ordered Kourtney and Khloe Take the Hamptons, a new reality show following the non-Kim Kardashian sisters as they open a new boutique on in the Hamptons, because you didn't finish your plate of vegetables that one night when you were a kid. Mom told you bad things would happen! Look for it this fall of you are a masochist. [Newsday]

... Lifetime has renewed Kim of Queens for a 10-episode second season. The show follows Miss Georgia America Kim Gravel as she mentors pageant hopefuls. [The Wrap]

CASTING NEWS

... Guys guys guys! Amy Acker (Person of Interest and projects from the Whedonverse) is heading over to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as a guest star! Acker will play Audrey, Coulson's cello-playing love interest from his past. Right now she's scheduled to appear in just one episode, but if Coulson was smart, he'd try and keep her around for as many as possible. Look for Acker on S.H.I.E.L.D. in the April 22 episode. [TV Guide]

... How I Met Your Dad has recast its best friend character. Tiya Sircar, who just wrapped an arc on The Crazy Ones, will replace Krysta Rodriguez as the hot and rambunctious BFF of Greta Gerwig's lead character. [EW]

... Entourage's Perrey Reeves will guest star on Covert Affairs' fifth season. Reeves will play Caitlyn, a COO of a private security firm. [USA via press release]

INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT NEWS

... Kit Harington, who plays Jon Snow in Game of Thrones, used a butt double. And I'll let you in on a little secret. It was my butt. [Page Six]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/17/2014

Season 5 : Episode 13

42 Comments
Follow this Show
Members