If you thought the greatest thing that was going to happen to you today was finding that uneaten bagel on the sidewalk, you were WRONG. Because today is the day Community fans have been waiting for since NBC unceremoniously canceled the series in May after five seasons. Yahoo has announced that it's picked up the fan favorite series for Season 6, keeping the familiar #sixseasonsandamovie campaign alive. 

After talks with Hulu broke down last week (Hulu has the exclusive online streaming rights to Community's first five seasons), the show's Season 6 prospects weren't looking too good, but Jeff must have given one hell of a passionate speech to the folks at Yahoo, because Season 6 is now officially happening.

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:

– There will be 13 all-new episodes (!!!) 

– The episodes will air this fall on Yahoo Screen

– Stars Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Ken Jeong, and Jim Rash will all return

– Series creator and showrunner Dan Harmon will also return alongside executive producers Russ Krasnoff, Gary Foster, and Chris McKenna

– The characters might be able to swear!

WHAT WE STILL DON'T KNOW:

– Anything about Yahoo Screen

– Anything about whether or not the "and a movie" part of #sixseasonsandamovie will happen

– Whether or not this new format will lend itself to more creative freedom (and it's arguable that Community already had the most creative freedom of any network comedy on television), or whether a relaxation in network standards will ultimately become a burden for the series. Remember how excited we all were for Arrested Development on Netflix and then it arrived and it sometimes it felt like a chore to get through an episode? Let's hope that Jeff and the rest of the Greendale Gang don't follow in those footsteps.

Are you excited for Season 6 of Community?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/2/2015

Season 6 : Episode 13

175 Comments
Comments (175)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Great now I can stop spending so much time in my dreamatorium imaging season 6 episodes and wondering what they'll do for the movie. (I believe for the movie, Jeff will marry one of 3 people._.Annie, Britta, or by some bizarre accident (or elaborate scheme) the dean.
Flag
Could anybody please remove this "(ended 2014)"-nonsense in the page header? It's hurting my eyes. :) SIXSEASONSANDAMOVIE!
Flag
I LOVE these guys , and i'm thrilled to see what's next !
Flag

I really hope Troy is coming back tho... I miss the Trobed duo :(
Flag
I knew it. I totally knew it. This show just keeps bouncing back. I give it 12 MeowMeowBeenz (ya thats right i hacked the game and now you can go up to 12 Beenz :P)
Flag
I wouldn't say you so much hacked the game, as subtly changed it, to allow for 12 meow-meow deans now.
Flag
true. Also it's 'beenz` not 'deans' :P
Flag
No no, it's totally 'deans' now
Flag
only if it's a spn reference
Flag
It will be great if Troy and Abed back! I love the Troy and Abed things! :))
Flag
Are we sure Brie is coming back? She's the only main cast member not to tweet anything about the show coming back.
Flag
Yes, we are. Dan Harmon confirmed it via twitter: "The rumor about Alison Brie not returning is utterly, 100 percent false. I'd add a joke but I don't want to be unclear. She's coming back!"
Flag
Leonard likes this post
Flag
Cool. Cool cool cool.
Flag
I had never heard of Yahoo Screen but now I love it :)

Flag
Yahoo Screen is my new favorite thing! On a related note, anybody know how to get Yahoo screen?
Flag
Huzzah!
Flag
I haven't watched Community recently but to all the faithful and somewhat crazy fans, I am very happy for you all. I really didn't think it was going to happen...
Flag
I'm Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapyyyy! *Pharrell's voice*
Flag
Well, I guess that asteroid just barely missed Greendale after all. This is an interesting, and incredibly last-minute, turn of events since the contracts were to expire yesterday.

Your point about Arrested Development hit me where I live, that's a great point, Netflix didn't help the show get better, just longer. Hopefully Community can avoid that pitfall.

Long live the Human Being!
Flag
Maybe we can finally find out who the Ass Crack Bandit is!

Flag
Dreams do come true!!
Flag
Don't care about all the possible negative outcomes. My first reaction, and the one that will last until I can watch the first episode of season six, is: EXCELLENT!
Flag
WOW!, a crappy show (in it's later seasons), and now it will be shown on an even crappier streaming service on a malware ridden piece of crap web site. Man, Community sucked after Season 2 and now it can't even rest-in-peace without the un-dead yahoo re-animating it's zombie corpse.
Flag
shut up troll - and not the cool kind that you have to eat cause it caught your apartment on fire which destroyed your voice.
Flag
Why troll like this? Yahoo screen does not have any malware, and many people continued to love the show after season 2. So why not just be happy for them? Why come all the way here just to try and rain in our parade? How sad.
Flag
tell us how you really feel
Flag
Oh yeah... And we will hit the 100 episode mark after all!!!
Flag
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO
Flag
Yaaaaahooooooo!
Flag
if it's a pay service then no thanks..already pay for netflix & amazon prime, not subscribing to yahoo also.

if it's free but there's ads built in for revenue or whatever, then bring on community season 7! woohoo etc.
Flag
it's ad supported - otherwise free.
Flag
This is fantastic news. FANTASTIC!!!!
Flag
i love this show. but ....... maybe just let it die
Flag
It wasn't supposed to die yet. Six seasons and a movie. Not five seasons and no movie.
Flag
Cool Cool Cool.
Flag
In other news, human civilisation narrowly avoids extinction by an asteroid strike.
Flag
Darn mobile site, a little late with that one! :-)
Flag
This just wrinkled my brain. In the best sense.
Flag
it's October 19th
Flag
Whenever that ends up being
Flag
I give Yahoo Screen 1,000 MeowMeowBeenz
Flag
Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Looking forward to the jokes about the cancellation and revival on the show.
Flag
Okay, why don't one of you newcomers bring back Human Target while you can still get the same wonderful cast back. You're bringing back everthing else!
Flag
Because Human Target was an expensive, action-driven show that was low-rated while Community was cheap to produce since it didn't have a bunch of stunts and explosions each week, and has a rabid fanbase that hasn't forgotten it yet.

Human Target lives on in our imaginations and the original comic books tho.
Flag
This is just a hunch but i doubt Human Target had the passionate fans Community, Arrested Development or Veronica Mars had.
Flag
Then you'd be wrong. I watch all three of those and I love them. And Human Target does have some decent followers. The VM movie was great, season 4 of AD, not so much. And Community has always been a stepchild.
Flag
sure. but the show was awesome. and id love to see it back.
Flag
I LOVED the first season.

The second season... wasn't my favorite.
Flag
I'm not saying it wasn't, i haven't seen it, but i heard good things about it
but i'm just talking realistically, Human Target is most definitely dead, unless they do a Kickstarter campaign which i doubt would not get the money VM did
Flag
Ya know, I do know all that, but wishful thinking can be fun. I know I'm screwed, but I'll get over it.
Flag
I'm so happy right now! :D
Flag
So good, best TV news I have heard in quite some time.
Flag
Community the survivor!
Flag
Excellent!
Flag
God? Is this you? Are you giving us a sign? You really love us?
Flag
Eh.
Flag
Great!
Never heard of Yahoo Screen, but I like them already...
Flag
Great! I just hope they'll keep it under a 30 minutes format. As you said, some Netflix's Arrested Development episodes were just hard to watch, because they were too long for a comedy.
Flag
I honestly can't believe this. In the words of Louis CK "Why the fuck would anything nice ever happen?".

I feel like someday we are going to pay for this is. Joss Whedon will announce he's stopping making TV or something..
Flag
lol
Flag
No! I can't even think of a world without Joss' writing. I expect him to work well into his 90's and then hopefully be cloned perfectly *fingers crossed*
Flag
But still no Dong Lover? :(
Flag
BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
It's a Christmas Miracle! And I'm too happy to be mad that the holiday has finally invaded June.
Flag
This is awesome news!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
I sure hope it'll maintain some degree of budget.

Also, AD season 4 was amazing.
Flag
"'The budget won’t be cut one dollar,' he said. 'We didn’t want to be producing the show at any less of the quality or production value that we had been producing. Yahoo came in with finances that were undeniable.'"

From EW. (link)
Flag
Perfect. Now all we need is a returning Troy and all my dreams have come true.
Flag
This is great news! POP POP!!!!!!!!
Flag
Thank you Yahoo, thank you!! I didn't know anybody still knew Yahoo was around, but I'm glad it is and I'll be watching or streaming or downloading or whatever the Yahoo wants me to do.

I found out the glorious news as I was hosting trivia. Since it was in between rounds, I made a special announcement and got so much applause! Then I said Free points for everyone!, But I didn't give it to them.
Flag
"Remember how excited we all were for Arrested Development on Netflix and then it arrived and it sometimes felt like a chore to get through an episode?"

No idea what the hell you were watching, but no, i don't remember it being a chore at all.
Flag
He must've been watching the same AD I was. What a massive downer. I cannot believe how bad S4 is compared to the rest of the show. Characters developing and changing personalities massively on a show called Arrested Development? That couldn't possibly go well now could it. And I've watched the first three seasons easily more than 20 times.
Flag
Agreed. Based on some people's reactions, I expected it to take me a little while to get into the season, but I was pretty much hooked right away, and it only got more awesome as it went along. It really helped fill the void that the horrid gas leak season of Community for me.
Flag
Well, I certainly do.
Flag
I was a massive fan of Arrested Development and I couldn't even get through more than three episodes of the newest season. :(
Flag
How do you call a massive fan of the show if you can't even watch the new season at least once? it continued to be a heavily serialized comedy, so you obviously missed a lot of "pay-offs" by acting like a brat...now go sit in the corner.
Flag
Operative word there being "was". Was a massive fan.
Flag
Don't be an anus tart, if you ever were a truly "massive" fan you wouldn't have given up on it so easily...you should've said something like "I kinda liked it, but I didn't get the new season, I'm going back to watch big brother now"...
Flag
I forgot to add: You've made a huge mistake!
Flag
I made it through six.
Flag
You should really try again, it starts somewhat strangely as you adapt to the whole inidividual character focus episode format but the pay off of jokes gets better and better as they all tie back in and you finally get the whole picture. Really clever stuff by the Koogler.
Flag
I would disagree, having seen the whole season after struggling, it wasn't worth my time and felt lesser-than overall.
Flag
Sounds Great!

And I loved Arrested Development on Netflix... though I think they should have staggered the release of the episodes after all it's really meant to be serialized people who binged of course wouldn't see how brilliant it was like those of us who watched it at a regular series rate.

Though I agree I also had never heard of Yahoo Screen until I read this article =P
Flag
I watched at a normal pace and the brilliance escaped me too.
Flag
I had almost lost hope!
Flag
No words can do my excitement justice. 5 meowmeowbeanz is nowhere near enough for Yahoo! for making this happen.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members