Abandon all hope, ye who believe Community will find a new home somewhere else. Well, abandon most of your hope. After NBC canceled the cult comedy this spring, the inevitable "Community is in talks with [digital media outlet]" started with Hulu, who was said to be interested in bringing the series back for a sixth season.

Well that ain't happening, says TV Line. Talks between Community's studio, Sony Pictures TV, and Hulu have ended, leaving the future of Community relegated to late-night repeats. 

Unless of course another outlet comes about to save the day, but they'd need to do it quick. The contracts of the Greendale Gang (well, the actors) expires on June 30, at which point getting them all on board to sign on for more Community would become that much more difficult. And whatever little bird is talking about the Hulu deal also hints that another suitor is currently considering saving Community and that Sony is definitely not ready to give up, according to TV Line, so once again we can all cling on to that last shred of hope instead of accepting the inevitable. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/2/2015

Season 6 : Episode 13

42 Comments
Comments (42)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Breaking news: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/community-renewed-by-yahoo-for-sixth-season-movie-to-follow
Flag
I was hoping that someone would take a chance and give this show a mini-season like 6 episodes so technically it would reach the magical Sixth Season. Then we could all chip in for the Kickstarter-funded movie. Heck, if "Veronica Mars" can do it...
Flag
I knew it, I knew NBC-co-owned Hulu was just going to end up a stall tactic to keep other outlets from snatching it up. It's too bad really, this show could have given TBS or Netflix or Amazon Prime a very nice feather in the cap, even crown jewel, but instead it got jerked around in a game of entertainment industry shenanigans, and now we all lose.
Flag
It's just too much of a different dynamic without Pierce and Troy so I don't think there's much more to do. The return of Harmon ended up to be way over-rated since even with him back it wasn't that great of a 5th season. They may have made it longer if they didn't go off on such extreme tangents but still stay on the proper Community track.
Flag
5 seasons is more than most cult types shows get so im cool with it. Im just happy Community is one of those one season wonders type shows.
Flag
5 seasons was pretty good, it's not as if it was a consistently brilliants series, I'd estimate that only 1/3 of the episodes made me laugh out loud. Plenty of shows I absolutely adored didn't even get more than 1 season so 5 is something to be thankful for.
Flag
Nothing to do now but wait for the asteroid to hit.
Flag
"and that's canon"
Flag
If a show was going to be renewed, I think it should be Almost Human. That was a terrific show that never got a real chance....
Flag
Amen. Unfortunately Karl Urban is about to start filming Star Trek 3 in late fall/early 2015
Flag
I still have a feeling we'll get a sixth season...eventually.
Flag
I was going to say bring back Veronica Mars and Arrested Development while they're at it... but I guess those two are covered... so maybe there is hope.
Flag
Hopefully their reasoning for declining a sixth season isn't because Hulu wants a second one of Deadbeat.
Flag
I figure Enlisted isn't getting saved by anyone either, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?
Flag
Well, this is the opposite of Batman...

Flag
The contract issue is interesting. Even if Netflix was to try and do another season they would have had to renew the contracts anyways.
Flag
Well I'm going to continue living in denial (mostly because I forgot the other phases of grief).
Flag
Bargaining; which is hopefully what Netflix is secretly up to.
Flag
:(
Flag

Just because I have it and it symbolizes how I feel perfectly.
Flag
I give this news 0 Meow-Meow Beanz :(
Flag
Well it is kind of to be expected.
Flag
But not welcomed.
Flag
Dammit (and all those other word I would have loved to use).
Flag
Surprising.
Flag
Very sad news and I couldn't even thumbs up the article because it would send the wrong message.
Flag
while it's sad they didn't pick it up, it's a relief that Hulu didn't do it.. if it's going to be on any sort of streaming service it should be Netflix.. but it should be on an actual network so more people can see it anyway.
Flag
The last season certainly didn't do enough for me to make me want to set aside time for another, so I can't see how they could convince another broadcast or streaming service to put up a lot of money for one either.
For the most part it had a good run. Should have died when Pierce did.
Flag
My thoughts exactly!
Flag
While I'm certainly a fan of Community, I've never been one of the rabid ones. Even so, I easily sympathize with the likely loss of a beloved favorite. Sorry, folks.

If there's any silver lining to this (at least for me), it's that Dan is now able to focus more on making Rick and Morty even better in its second season than it was in its first.
Flag
Noooooooooo
Flag
forgot the exclamation marks: !!!
Flag
Alison Brie just finished audition for a new movie which start shooting in july

Yvette Nicole Brown got part in Benched new comedy with Chris Parnell and Molly Shannon

Danny Pudi wants a part in Marvel's Agents of Shield .. which i support that 100%

so even if there was a chance , the actors already moved on and want/doing different things

Flag
Chevy Chase has recreated his throne from Advanced Dungeons and Dragons in a walk-in closet at home and is currently carrying out his plans for revenge against Dan Harmon of the Clan Harmon.
Flag
So if it gets a sixth season, everyone will be off on a boating trip except for Britta.
Flag
Sigh... the boating episode was one of my favorite episodes, with a great message and Pierce was a bumbling but determined good guy. :-(
Flag
I'm not sure but I guess I read somewhere that Gillian Jacobs (Britta) got a role on Girls.
Flag
I'm still hopeful Pierce faked his own death (possibly for insurance money after losing tons of money from the Hawthorne Wipes business). So, we could have Britta and Pierce showing up to meet Troy in some random port somewhere! (Yeah, not even remotely likely, but I can hope!!)
Flag
What if they stole the boat from the parking lot that they used in Beginning Pottery?
Flag
Thanks tv.com. I know I shouldn't shoot the messenger, but I'd really like to. I need more happiness in my life right now :c
Flag
Follow this Show
Members