Well, it was fun while it lasted. NBC has canceled Community after four amazing seasons and one other season, cutting short the series' "Six Seasons and a Movie!" prophecy by about 13 episodes, or maybe one six-episode goodbye, plus that film. The news comes as part of the bloodbath of renewals and cancellations that is the week before Upfronts, which in previous years resulted miracle surprise renewals for the Dan Harmon comedy

And that's the part we should really focus on. Because honestly, Community never should've made it this far once you factor in the business of television. Bogged down with crummy ratings for five seasons, it's a frickin' wonder that the show lasted as long as it did. Yes, you can be sad, but don't forget to look at the big picture. And for that I'm going to do something I never thought I'd do: Thank you, NBC. Kind of. 

Elsewhere at NBC, Revolution has been powered down for good after two seasons and not one single request for a movie. The Eric Kripke drama was an out-of-the-blocks gangbuster thanks largely to its post-The Voice time slot in Season 1, but its ratings eroded as the season wore on. It was moved to Wednesdays at 8pm for Season 2, where it began to crater despite an initial jumpstart in creativity, and by the second half of the season I had no idea what the hell was going on. Aaron really should have continued setting people on fire with his mind. 

I leave you with this .GIF of Charlie's "candy" ass.

UPDATE: NBC has also canceled Growing Up Fisher, which was a comedy that NBC was airing, apparently. It was a midseason entry along with About a Boy, which was renewed for a second season

UPDATE #2: NBC has also killed the Alfonso Cuarón supernatural series Believe, and the Dermot Mulroney and Gillian Anderson hostage drama Crisis. Both shows debuted as part of NBC's late-midseason schedule, and neither has finished airing its first (and now last) season. Both shows were pulled from the network's schedule last week, and there's no word on when or if remaining episodes might air; I'd expect some sort of summer burn-off. 

UPDATE #3: NBC has staked Dracula after only one season. 

Alright everyone, voice your complaints, anger, and/or jubilation in the comments!

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

522 Comments
Comments (522)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Show NBC these comments see how have they made people sad and mad at them
Flag
Sorry to the late comment everyone because I just found out about this show
Flag
I agree with everyone here l.NBC PLEASE BRING BACK BELIEVE. WHY DO YOU GUYS RENEW CRAPPY SHOWS AND CANCEL GOOD SSHIWS.NBC WHY NOT LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE FOR ONCE. NBC BRING BACK BELIEVE!
Flag
Believe is the best show I ever watched and NBC cancelled it. Everything I like a show it gets cancelled.NBC I beg u please bring back believe
Flag
Bird brain please continue the show believe
Flag
Please I beg u NBC please continue the show believe I really love the show. Believe is more of a show for teenagers. please continue the show
Flag
Awe Damn it... I was watching Dracula! I was looking forward to what came next... Damn it.
Flag
Everytime I like a show like Almost Human and now Believe they get cancelled WWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
I'm actually kind of pissed I don't know why I'm wasting my time even posting because its not like they give a damn but I was really into Dracula and believe and revolution! !! I'm so tired of getting into a TV show and then they pull the plug on it..at least give us an ending if they're going to freakin pull the plug on the damn show
Flag
Yea it's getting really annoying that lots of great shows aren't given a chance to grow. The same happened with K-Ville a few years ago. Something just starts getting into it's rythmn and then they pull the plug. Yet they keep sh1t3 shows around. From now on I think I'm going to wait for season two renewals before starting to watch a show. At least that way if it does get canceled then they should have time to round it off. Life was another that I used to enjoy as well and that was canceled after a cliffhanger of a season finale haha!
Flag
I agree, I'm so sick of starting a new show only for it to be pulled, no ending, just leaves us hanging, then these execs wonder why no one's watching anymore, well gee I wonder.
Flag
What the heck?? Believe and Crisis were freakin awesome. What birdbrain made that decision???
Flag
My 2 favorite shows believe and crisis what bull
Flag
I'm mad they cancelled Believe and Crisis! I loved those shows!! Especially Believe!! Now what am I supposed to watch!
Flag
Totally sucks ! Everytime i find something i enjoy watching it gets cancelled and then a new crap show starts. Very sad and discussed with this!
Flag
I am getting very tired of them canceling good shows like Intelligence and Believe. They cancel these shows and put on all these stupid reality shows "REALLY". I don't care about someone wants to date naked buy homes naked or any of that. You have really good writers that comes out with good shows and then these reality shows stay on forever. Is this really what tv is about fighting, cussing people out and etc... All these house wives who cares.
Flag
I could not agree with you more.
Flag
Believe was a great program and I don't understand what NBC was thinking. What a bummer! Guest I'll stick to CBS!!!
Flag
I do not watch much TV but Believe was one of my favorite shows besides the Blacklist, and it was canceled. Maybe if it would have been aired a little bit earlier more people would have been able to watch it. I had a hard time staying up to watch it because I had to get up early for work. I actually paid for the app. Hulu so I could watch missed episodes on there. And now I find out its canceled and I cant even finish the season! Please finish the season and air season two! Please NBC stop canceling shows, air the show a little earlier and give the show a chance!
Flag
I am so tired of NBC, every time I get interested in a show they cancel it! I would like to see what happens to Bo on Believe. I have to say that this is not the first show cancelled by NBC that I got interested in but it will be the last. I will no longer watch NBC. Thank god for CBS. Their shows continue after season one. People give up on NBC because they are always canceling shows!
Flag
Believe and crises was about the only shows I watch beside the voice and you cancel them. They was my favorites. I looked forward watching them.
Flag
why did they cancel ''Dracula and Believe'' I use to love to watch those shows.
Flag
This is the third year I gave NBC a chance. Every time I get interested in a show, those jerks cancel it Well, NO MORE NBC for me. I have plenty of channels on my dish. Also, hey, NBC.......CBS ROCKS AND HAS THE BEST SHOWS
Flag
Wow, NBC has lost it. Dracula was one of the few shows worth watching on network tv. Time to get cable.
Flag
This stopping shows in the middle of a season SUCKS ! I agree with keysersoze543792 comments below. I also really liked believe. I will use caution now before I invest my time in any NBC show. Idiots !!!
Flag
This is ridiculous, why not move the shows to time slots that they are suited for instead of leaving fans high and dry. Believe was one of our favorites, and getting better all the time, Revolution was one of our favorites, but it was easy to see that it was not going anywhere but in circles. The story jumped all over the place, but we would have liked it to come to an end to the story, not cancellation. Dracula was very good, it's too bad it did not appeal to many others. We are avid TV viewers , and record 4 HD shows at the same time on two DirecTV receivers. With all of that, we still have to be choosy about what we watch because we only have so much time to do it. Old favorites, which are still great, but taking a back seat to new favorites is a tragedy in the making. We have to be sure to not fill our DVR's, because it leads to problems with the equipment. So we delete whole seasons of NCIS, the rational being that it is so popular, that we can get it on demand anytime we want it. NBC is no different than any of the other networks, and cable-only channels are kicking the butts of the major networks with quality programming, and less censorship. Just think if Revolution were to bring more sex and graphic violence into the show by moving to AMC, or FX. There are too many cable TV channels kicking ass now, they have taken our attention away from most major networks. They don't need the numbers that the major networks need, so they keep more shows alive. Be sure to watch the entire first season of The 100, it is an awesome show, and you will see why it is coming back next year. We are also happy that the Dome will be back. I thought that when the networks started using DVR statistics, Demand, and web chatter to get a truer feel for how many were watching, things would get better, I was wrong.
More+
Flag
Please bring back Believe! It was a really great show. Was so angry and disappointed when I learnt that the series has been cancelled.
Flag
I am so angry at NBC's stupidity. Get few shows I love and look forward to all week and they cancell them! I am not buying the "ratings are too low!" excuse! It is obvious that they were cancelled due to a falling out with the writiters and producers! prior to this bombshell that Believe, Crisis, Revolution and a few others were getting the ax, Beleive and crisis were touted as among the top 10 most watched, and most favorite new shows on TV! I mean among all stATIONS! Beleive and Crisis were ranked in the Top 10 of all series! So there has to be a political reason (office politics?) for these cancelleations. I am now learning not to get attached to TV series even when their ratings are sky high across the board! Ratings and number of viewers has absolutely nothing to do with cancellation descisions! I will not watch NBC at all! I am so hoping that another station will pick up Believe and crisis! Crisis was so popular that you could only get the show on NBC at the time of airing or pay for it! No freebie there!! Way to popular! They have lied again about the reasons for a cancellation! But they keep the "DUMB DOWN AMERICA" shows that are so stupid that to watch them is so iritating because I just can't believe we still have to endure the hype of reality TV another season! The idiotic Kardashings are still on and going strong! The watchers of this stupid show have to be living in an alternative reality called mental illness to even watch that stupid garbage! Wake up America, reality TV is not reality and if you think it is, you must be mentally ill. The Kardashians, snookie, and all those others were poor snuckers struggling to make ends meet when they lucked out or slept with the right person to get on a show and every penny of their living comes from being on a stupid reality show! Your watching their poor performaces is what makes them rich! WHY ARE THEY STILL AIRING? with so few viewers? Because its all aout DUMBING DOWN AMERICANS! We need to band together and demand good shows like crisis and believe and demand that they take these stupid Reality TV shows and the gross so called Comedy sitcoms off! I don't want to hear about fake reality shows, much less hear about them nonstop with these stupid Watch Hollywood make an As_ out of themselves! I am so angry that we cannot keep good family Entertainment on TV due to political manuemers that want to keep RUSH LEMBagh, the real idiot and voice of the Republican idiots party on TV and radio! Rush is a racist pig who hates women, a real red neck loser big mouth dummy who needs to go away! he makes a fool out of all Americans every time they vote a Republican into office! I use to believe in the Repblican party till Bush and gang hijacked it! Now they have Rush as the Voice of their party???? caus ethey think we have been so dumbed down that we buy into all their idiotic ramblings! I am sick of Americans letting this DUMB down AMERICA antics take over our lives to the point that we are not allowed to have decent TV Programing anymore! Well, we the people who hate American TV for this new reality will just get our TV programing elsewhere! Like British programing where at least you can get a decent show to watch because when the British get their favorite decent programing cut off, they take to the streets and march while lazy Americans allow every facet of their lives to be controlled by an hyjacked government whose sole putpose in life is to destroy the American dream, fill the streets with crime, and steel the coffers of our tax revenues! Wake up America, we have been Hijacked!
More+
Flag
I hate NBC, you have canceled every show I like!
Flag
Now that you have canceled believe there is no reason to watch your network. You cancel every good show. You have no idea what a good show is. Maybe you should start asking your viewers what shows they like or not..... We will not be watching your shows anymore......
Flag
#boycottNBC. I am a weekly watcher of Believe and Crisis. I understand that stations blame everything on amount of views; however how many people not watch these shows on ONDEMAND or DVR like myself. #boycottNBC if they are going to continue to cancel great shows
Flag
I don't think that anyone truly reads these comments... But just in case -- None of the networks seem to give any show that is "good" a chance for anyone to catch on to it. Word spreads and people watch after a season or two. Now with the way things are going -- Networks (including NBC) are not going to get viewers. Who is going to watch a new show if it is probably going to be canceled!
Flag
I actually signed up just to say SCREW YOU NBC for cancelling all these cool shows! And screw the neilson families that get these shows cancelled. You people would rather watch Americas got talent or survivor or some crappy reality show rather than some good... #suckassNBC
Flag
NBC.... I have actually had enough of your crappy network. You people wouldn't know good TV if it hit you in the face. There is no point in watching any shows your network puts out anymore because you always cancel them. I think instead of canceling the tv shows, you should just fire all your executive's. You would be doing everyone a huge favor. Why can't you model youself after FOX. They put out good shows that last and they always give their shows a chance. All you idiots do is bury them in a crap time slot until they fail even worse and then use that as an excuse to cancel them. You idiots need to realize that we live in the times of the internet, hulu, Netflix, and these things called DVR's. Nobody is always available to watch the shows right away but it doesn't mean that they aren't being watched. You people need to wake up and get with the program in this decade. Until you do, I will never watch another NBC show again. It isn't worth it to get hooked on a show that has a 99.9% chance of being cancelled even before the show starts. How about the next time you guys decide to cancel something, you start with the idiots who make these stupid decisions.
More+
Flag
I really enjoy watching believe. Please reconsider canceling it.
Flag
Any word from the creators on whether Believe and Crisis will have closure?
I hope these two shows were written as mini-series and have self contained story lines. At least NBC should give us that.

Flag
Since this old posting the two series have finished.
Both provided closure of their main story lines.
Felt a little rushed but still thankful that they were able to bring some satisfaction to the series.
BTW Dracula on NBC was an excellent series that was cancelled and once again it brought closure to the season 1 storyline. It looked like it would have been very interesting if renewed for a second seasonc, but.... oh well.
Flag
NBC has got to be hands down the worst network available. They cancel any decent show and continue to renew crap like parks and recreation. As a collective we need to boycott the network despite the limited selection of good shows. Stand up america.
Flag
I totally agree. The next time they sit down to cancel something they should starts with their idiot executive's who make these decisions. They need to get people in there that are more in touch with their audience. God knows these idiots aren't!!!!
Flag
I so totally agree with you greeny72.
Flag
I'm so sick of corporations deciding what's good and what's bad. just when you start to like a show they cancel it on you. something has to change. let the people decide what to cancel and want to keep.
Flag
What is up with NBA always canceling good shows? Maybe they want bad ratings for their network, I don't know, but they always do this. Why do I even bother with them? You get really into a certain show and they cancel it without even finishing it. Enough already with all these reality shows!!! NBC, your losing ratings for your network, get it together!
Flag
NBC not NBA. ...autocorrect always changes my words!
Flag
Great i finally find a Tv show that i like 'Believe' only for NBC to cancel it and dumb reality shows get renewed?? Explains what kind of world we live in today ffs
Flag
How can you cancel Crisis?!?! Best show on NBC by far!! And your not even going to let us finish it?? At least finish the season and let them wrap it up!!!
Flag
I watched all those shows, and don't want nbc to cancel, especially Believe.
Flag
Crisis is a disaster. I have tried to suspend my common sense watching this show to go along with their plot, but I can't even come close to buying in to this absurdly stupid premise and their idiotic plot twists! This is the worst drama I have ever seen make it to prime-time! Thanks, NBC for putting a bullet into the head of this albatross.
Flag
I think Believe and Growing Up Fisher are two of the best new shows in TV. I can't understand why NBC wants to cancel them
Flag
I agree with everyone why does NBC have to cancel these great shows like believe and renew all the crappy shows.NBC why NOT LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE FOR ONCE . PLEASE BRING BACK BELIEVE NBC
Flag
Believe is an Awesome show, the actors interaction with their story lines are mysterious. and revolution is a great serie too
Please sign for another season !!!!!!!
Flag
Congratulations NBC NOW MY ENTIRE FAMILY HAS NO REASON TO WATCH YOUR NETWORK!!!!
Flag
Even Fox 5 has better shows than NBC just when they have a chance with Believe they scew it up, whst a shame. Bring Believe back.
Flag
Believe is an Awesome show, the actors interaction with their story lines are mysterious.
Please sign for another season !!!!!!!
Flag
I finally find something to watch on NBC besides Law & Order SVU... "Believe" and the idiots that are the programming executives at NBC cancel it. Didnt even try another day or time slot just threw in the towel. Believe was amazing. You could feel JJ Abrams influence and impact on the entire show. Well written and drew me in instantly. Way better than Cartoon Defecation on FOX and not another mindless idiotic reality show.

Hopefully NBC pulls its head from its @$$ and reconsiders this cancellation or another network picks it up and runs with it.

BRING BACK BELIEVE!!!!!
Flag
Crisis's loss is Hannibal 's gain as we get Gillian Anderson back as Bedelia Du Maurier! Woo Hoo!

As much as I love and adore Community, it had to go. This last season had some bright spots but it was streets behind the other seasons. It was like the last three Star Wars movies. You loved seeing the Universe but it just wasn't the same.
Flag
There's not many shows I enjoy watching, but Believe was one of the few I could watch effortlessly. I am going to miss it, and can only hope NBC is kind enough to let them air a final show.
Flag
Write NBC and tell them to renew REVOLUTION right now! Tons of people are writing! We can make a difference! Follow the link to NBC, choose REVOLUTION from the drop down box, and then tell them to renew Revolution for a third season!!!!

http://www.nbc.com/contact/general

Flag
I'm kind of upset they cancelled Growing up Fisher. It is a really cute show, and the actors are realky good. It's to bad that good family shows keep getting cancelled.
Flag
I will no longer watch NBC its a shame to take off revolution and Believe. If you do not bring it back I will shout from the highest hills to boycott NBC I will put signs on my truck and in every store here where I live and 50 miles all ways from my home. We could have a revolution here for real with the way things in government are going and the things that happen on there could happen here it was nice seeing what to do in that case
Flag
I'm sorry, you were using the show "Revolution" as a how-to guide in case we have a revolution here?? Tell me, does our revolution also have nano technology that eats up all the electricity?
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC