If you think about it each season of Community has been really stylistically different from the others. There aren't too many shows that can say that, the only ones that come to mind are Avatar: The Last Airbender (each season exploring different parts of the world) and Earth: Final Conflict (because of the cast changes and the woeful decline in quality).

I'm interested by the change of style from Season 2 (my favourite) to Season 3. Reading Dan Harmon comments at the time he wanted to add recurring stories (e.g. the rise of Chang) and to dish out Community weirdness in little doses within episodes more than showcasing themed episodes, and this gave Season 3 a different flavour to Season 2 (even though there were some themed episodes later in the season). I can't say I enjoyed the different style of Season 3 as much as Season 2 but the change was at least interesting. As for Season 4, well the less said the better. So with that in mind:

Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I want it to be back to the meta flavoured humour with more caustic and weird stuff the way it used to be, season 4 was way too "sweet" for my taste although some episodes were really great, like that puppet episode.

I wish maybe a 8-bit animated episode again, a paintball episode? yes please... or maybe something totally unexpected like that... something seriously geeky without being "hollywood geeky", i want Dean Pelton to go all crazy this season and i hope Mr. Harmmond will deliver.

I miss the original aspergers-ish akwardness of Abed in season 1 and 2. I wish they will make it more niche and underground as it used to be.
Flag
Were Jeff and Britta occasionally annoying in season 1? I love season 1 Britta more than any other seasonal version of her, and I've found Jeff more and more annoying as the series progressed (he became a lot more self-conscious and insecure in later seasons).

All in all, I'd prefer it being more like season 1 and/or 2, but I think it'll still be closer to season 3.
Flag
Personally I loved Season 1 Jeff and Britta but the impression I've gotten is that most people found them a little irritating at first.
Flag
think your poll more or less sums up how I any many many others see the seasons and their structure. reject everything to do with 4! theres enough backlash from the internetz and grass roots fans to know that season went in a lonely path and lost a lot of fans. learn from the mistakes! I`m hoping its like 2 with a sprinkling of 1, will cautiously watch to see if its funny again ..
Flag
Season 4 was not that bad. The puppet episode is one of the best of the series.
Flag
noo no no no no no no no.
Flag
We'll have to agree to disagree.
Flag
I hope it's like a more polished version of season one because that was the season where I laughed the hardest even though the storytelling and characters were a bit rough and the tone was a bit mean-spirited.
Flag
Season 2 is my personal favorite but I still think that the last season should be more focused on the characters. Polished season one with character based stories mixed with some (one or two) high-concept episodes. I just wish that this series has a proper last season. I am a bit skeptical though. Dan Harmon is back but in my opinion season 3 was the worst of the first three seasons (season 4 being the worst) so I'm just going to hope that he'll lift this series to its former glory. And end it on a high note.

I don't want to hear anything about a recurring storyline. 3rd season with its AC repair school storyline was kinda dull.
Flag
Agreed, i hope they don´t start recycling story lines ...we want new cray stuff
Flag
I totally agree! I thought that the first half of season 3 was really good, but the second half really devolved. I absolutely hated the air conditioning repair school storyline!
Flag
I think it will, and should be different from what we've seen before.

But whatever they do, I can't wait to see how it turns out. It can't be any worse than season 4 was, but hopefully any bad blood between Dan Harmon and Sony/NBC, and Dan Harmon and the writers (after his controversial reaction of season 4 on Harmontown) won't hurt the show too badly, so they can give us a great ending to this great show.
Flag
I hope that NBC / Sony have given Dan Harmon a good sense of his time table - if this is to be the final season, hopefully he'll know that before he starts writing.

Season 3 actually felt like it could have been an ending if the show had been canceled. Just imagine what they can do if they have time to plan.
Flag
I hope that it'll be something new and exciting. And hopefully something that scraps pretty much most of season 4.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members