Forever Childish Hidden in a new article from Vulture about Dan Harmon’s return to Community, was this little bit of news: The most widely reported rationale for his return, reported by several media outlets and confirmed by Vulture via our own sources, is that the show’s cast, led by Joel McHale, heavily lobbied Sony to seek a rapprochement with Harmon. The belief among the actors was that the show was “less special

Could the show survive without Pierce and limited Troy?

Comments (5)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
OMG, I hope this doesn't happen! We just got Dan Harmon back, that was a huge win for the series. But losing Troy for a good percentage of the season would just dampen the season IMO. Not only is he up there with Abed as one of my favorite characters on the show, it would mess up the group dynamic even further. The loss of Chevy is disappointing enough, but the loss of a second, much more prominent character on top of that? That would be a huge loss for the show.

Not to mention the fact that the Troy/Abed relationship was the second biggest thing that I thought would benefit from Dan's return, after the quality of the concept episodes.
Flag
Donald Glover would be a massive loss. He's a great comedic actor with excellent timing and I wouldn't be surprised if he was heavily involved with the writing for his character. Troy brings a childlike sense of wonder to the group whilst still managing to prevent Abed from going completely anti-social (most of the time). He has the biggest heart of the group, yes, including Annie, and am I wrong in thinking that the timeline without Troy was where we discovered that he's the glue holding them all together and not Jeff? So yeah, Donald Glover would be a massive loss - possibly a series ending loss!

Chevy Chase on the other hand... I guess I'd miss Pierce, but if the rumors about Chevy behind the scenes are true then they'd be better of getting shot of him. The dynamic between the cast is excellent and that's one of the reasons why the show works so well, if Chevy is disrupting that dynamic then I'd be happy to say goodbye to Pierce. The question then becomes "Should Community replace Pierce Hawthorne?"
Flag
Donald, if you're listening, don't even think about it, you're not going anywhere, period.
Flag
Well it says he wants to focus on his music career. But how popular is he? Cuz I have never heard any of his songs yet...
I think the show will survive w.o. pierce b/c he was never really the focus of the show (although I will admit that the very small appearances he had last season were entertaining and one of the few highlights of the episodes)
But im not too sure about Troy leaving... seeing that he's Abed's best friend and has had a big roll in alot of Community episodes...hmmm I think in the end it would just suck if 2 of the stars are suddenly gone
Flag
I really like his music! I like all the funny/nerdy little references mixed in. Check out this one:
http://youtu.be/qL1B_r9nC9k
Flag
Follow this Show
Members