Community

Contemporary American Poultry

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM Apr 22, 2010 on Yahoo

7.1
  • Major mess up! You'll watch it again and again.

Great episode. An exceptionally close look into the strange world of Abed's mind-- gangster style! When the fragile ego of Jeff meets the inexplicable managerial skills of a certain former Fillafal fry cook, the Community aficionado leaves satisfied (even if the cafeteria runs short of chicken fingers). But you have to question who is running quality control over at NBC.
    About halfway through the episode, Jeff confronts the group about their sudden allegiance to Abed and his underground fried chicken franchise. As you watch the episode, look at the wall behind Jeff's left shoulder. An animal rights sign and a caution sign jump in and out of existence from moment to moment. It has a mesmerizing effect-- I don't even remember what the characters were talking about and I watched five times. And the enjoyment won't stop there. Watch the entire episode over and over again-- you'll see. The whole show gets sucked into an extra-dimensional scavenger hunt for other goofs. Was it a mess up? Was it a Peta or Animal Liberation Front political statement? We do learn the Britta is a vegetarian in this episode. Either way, my guess is that someone has lost their job over this one.
MNT