Community

Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 07, 2013 on NBC

• Adam DeVine made the episode

DeVine is crazy funny and it's his appearance, imo, which made the episode worth while. I would pick workaholics over community any day.
  • Episode was for all purposes Meh....

The only thing I have to say about this episode is that Brolin being revealed to be Jeff's dad was kind of a let down after his amazing appearance on castle
  • heartwarming

Nice prison movie montage, but it was Jeff finally standing up and facing something rather than running and telling his father the story of his brokenness that resonated with fatherless grown ups like me .

A great, classic or not, also makes you think about yourself. This did.

His step brother was good the first three lines, then got

annoying real quick
  • Probably the best of the season.

I was so happy with this episode... I was so relieved. I'm now really looking forward to the rest of the season, whereas prior to this episode I've been really disappointed. I liked to episode about the "Inspector Con," though I found the Annie story line excessive and too lengthy, but this felt much closer to the Community brilliance I'm used to from previous seasons. I loved all of it (though I was hoping for a moment between Jeff and Britta towards the end... come on people, enough with the mis-matched pairings!). I watched it twice already and will watch it again. For the first time this season I am actively looking forward to the next episode. There's hope for Community yet!