Community

Curriculum Unavailable

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 10, 2012 on NBC

• Best. Episode. Ever.

I thought the Ras***n episode was the best when it premiered, and it's indeed a masterpiece. Then the civil war documentary was almost as good as that one, and two weeks ago I regarded the L&O one as the best ever ... yet this programme still tops itself, and THIS episode is IMO even better than those.

Soooooooo amazing, and for a minute there they tricked me as well...
  • Community on a Roll !!

And Community strikes AGAIN! The show has picked up on its dark storyline ,that has been running throughout Season 3, and is transforming it into an epic storyline as we near the finale episode.Most shows present snippets from past episodes to form a sort of compilation of best moments,Community used short skits to fill up for these recaps,and all are just hilarious.
  • Step up from Paradigms of Human Memory

When I heard they were doing a sequel to the 1st clip show episode I really didn't think much over but WOW was this a good follow up. And like Paradigms of Human Memory I wish that they did make full episodes from some of the clips that they showed (like the film noir paintball or an episode with the wig party). You also get to see more weird classes that you can take at Greendale. But by far this episode is totally worth seeing just for one scene alone, where we see the "truth" behind the study groups Greendale experience. That scene with the Greendale 7 + Leonard in the Asylum was well worth the watch and if the series ended on that note it would have weirdly made sooo much sense. But it was a fun way to call back to previous episodes.

Is it worth skipping? well my answer would be: who would skip a Community episode?

but i guess if you didnt like their first clip show episode you might not like this one. But if you like Community you'll most likily like this episode too
  • Facing Reality

It's pritty much another clip episode but I feel it's another great one, and to me what powers it other than the clips is the certain amount of emotion involved.

From the begining we see two months out of Greendale have made morale low for the Greendale Seven, let alone on food. Britta has been drinking and it's funny that it's so bad that even the sound of a tic tac dropping hurts her, Troy's made some disgusting foods, and other details which tell you spirts are down. Their all in that depressive state because all of them are not doing what their suppose to be doing, their not where they belong which is a common case with most people in that state. However Abed is the one that does somthing to get himself and everyone out of their funk, we see he's been conducting investigations at Greendale in secret, and it's funny that he wore his Inspector Time costume and has even acted the character.

I really like how each of them are defending Abed's case like any good friends should do, but also all of them are realizing what they've forgoten which motivates them into both giving their friend the Dean another chance and simply coming back to where they belong. I even like that underlying theme about our perseption of sanity and insanity, reality and illusion.

And of coruse the clips were pritty damn funny. My favorate one was the Paintball Noir, it would be awesome if they made a full episode of it on the next season, that is if they want to continue doing the Paintball or war contests.

However depsite all the clips the highlight for me was defenately the Greendale Asylym. I like how it was played out, when we see all of them playing out certain things that have happened in past episodes in the hospital, it really looks plausable since the characters themselves are kinda crazy in a way.

But of course mister common sense kicks in, when they all realize what they've been told is bullcrap. And I just like how they get all the facts and of course it results in one more clip series as we see moments of Chang's insanity. My favorate clip was when Chang tried to make Gary a precog like in "Minority Report" but only gave him a cold.

So, now they all know the truth and what to do, it's up to them to save their friend The Dean and Greendale from Chang's evil cluches. Will they triumph, well you'll just have to wait for the next episode.
MNT