Community

Digital Estate Planning

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 17, 2012 on NBC

7.3
  • Community the Video Game

This is one of those episode I never thought would happen in a million years but it did, it really felt like this was one of those episodes that were just made for me since I'm a gamer, I've played video games ever since I was 6, from the 80's to now so yeah you can guess how I feel about this episode. When it comes to stories on video game it's always hit or miss for me, probably the best example would be the "Biship of Battle" tale in the 80's horror anthology film "Nightmares", this episode is one of those hits because it really understands all of the principles, homages, injokes and what goes on in playing video games.

I love the fact they made the video game scenario in 8 bit, which fits the comicial spirit of the show perfectly as well as act as a love letter to any of us that have owned and played a Nintendo. The graphical presentation is great I really like how the enviorment the characters are in is designed which look similar to "Super Mario Bros". But most of all I just love how each of the characters in the Study Group were animated they all looked like they could be character's for the video game "River City Ransom" well except for Jeff who looks like "Mega Man" without a helmet heck Jeff character even jumped similar to "Mega Man" which is why Jeff is my favorate sprite of the bunch since I'm a fan of that video game franchise. My second favorate is Annie whom just like in real life is cute as a button, it was always cute and funny whenever she said Ahh and you saw the experesionism of the sprite.

I like how the study group play the game, they were all a bit clumsy despite some of them Jeff, Abed, and Troy experenced at video games, may'be their a bit out of practice. But most of all just love the voice acting going on with the action, this episode wouldn't of been funny without it. There are just so many great moments and jokes I'll say a few since I don't want to give too much away I just can't do this episode justice. I really love the combat sequences like the battle with the giant turkeys from just simple grunting to just little words, it was the same even when they were battleing the big boss at the end. Or even in small moments like seeing Abed make a villiage into a golden city as well as marry a spirte girl and have hundreds of spite children which I find funny and at the same time a little disturbing.

Well that's all I can say, like any video game you play you have to watch this episode to really enjoy it. After seeing this episode it really made me wish there was a video game based of of this show.
COMEDY