Community

For a Few Paintballs More

Aired Tuesday 12:00 AM May 12, 2011 on Yahoo

7.2
  • Better than Modern Warfare.

When I first heard that Community was doing another Paintball episode, I'll admit, I was skeptical. Modern Warfare seemed to perfectly mix comedy with action. My skepticism didn't even make it past the cold open. "A Fistful of Paintballs" was more like Modern warfare, a great blend of comedy and action. The cast is over-acting, but's not so much that it's annoying, they are all embracing the over-dramatizaton of the situation. The guest appearance from Josh Holloway was great too. It feels good just to hear him call someone by a nickname. "For a Few Paintballs More" took an unexpected, but delightful turn into a Star Wars-esque style. With Stormtroopers and Abed's incredible Han Solo impersonation. This episode also took a look into the characters, with Troy's longing to be leader, Abed and Annie's relationship, but more importantly Pierce. Pierce was the greatest thing about this finale, from his redemption, to his departure. It is the deepest his character has been looked at throughout the whole series. And I have to admit, when he gave his "At Greendale for 12 years" speech, I teared up a bit.
    It sucks that I have to wait 5 months for this show to be back on. I will be suffering every minute.