We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Community Forums

Tuesday 12:00 AM on YahooIn Season

3x14: Pillows and Blankets - Please Discuss Here!

I_LOVE_NCIS

[1]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 46

Aired: April 5th 2012

The epic battle of Pillowtown vs. Blanketsburg continues in Greendale. The group is forced to take sides, while Jeff tries to make a compromise between Troy and Abed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 28

I loved this one! I'm a sucker for historical documentaries, and this one was awesome!

And Troy and Abed are friends again, and Jeff helped them become friends again. That was so heartwarming (hilarious that Jeff actually went back to the Dean's office for the magical friendship hats and he actually described their conditions. Hee! I love it when Jeff lets his inner dork out. It doesn't happen that often.)

Kat

Hungry_Homer111

[3]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 26

Great episode. Probably my new favorite of the season. I don't even watch the kinds of documentaries that they were referencing in this episode, but I couldn't help loving the way they handled the style of it, mixing in somevery funnyjoke as well as great emotional depth. I saw on another website a few people mentioned how the style overshadowed a lot of the story elements, but I'd have to disagree. Yes, there were fewer scenes dealing with the emotional side of the story, but I think this is a perfect example of quality over quantity. Yes, they could have easily had more scenes dealing with the Troy and Abed issues, as well as the Jeff and Annie stuff, but even if they did expand on that stuff, I don't think they could have said much more than they did in this episode.I think that the scenes they did have in this episode worked very well overall.

I do have a feeling that this won't actually be the last we'll see of the issues between Abed and Troy. The issues we've seen in the previous episode were a bit too deep to be resolved by imaginary friendship hats and this is probablyonly a temporary solution. I do think that their realization at the end will make future conflict less hostile, since they do still care about each other, but there may be a few strains in the future that will remain until they are able to mature as people in order to have a more solid friendship.

Either way, I loved this episode, and hope that this is a sign of things to come.

vitorassuena

[4]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 1
    I really can't say much more than the fact that this is one of the best episodes I've ever seen in my life. It's funny, touching and mostly creative. I love the way they transformed the epsiode in a documentary, I don't think any other series have ever thought about it. Community is just of the best shows because of their creativty, with all the different-than-the-usual episodes, paintball season finales and all of the elements that make Community what it is.

Really, really great episode.

jonathanparham

[5]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 5

Wow very creative and funny and having Keith David as a narrator was effective and hilarious. Especially the line about the Cape

bennett10

[6]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 4

Awesome episode! It was hilarious from start to finish.

I'm relatively new to the show but it has already become one of my favourites.

27neil

[7]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 2

The funniest episode of any TV show ever.The narrating a la "The History Channel" was brilliant.I don't understand how this show can continually be on the verge of being cancelled.

ciaBrysh

[8]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 2
    I thought it was okay. It was different that's for sure! I wish there was just a bit less still photos of the "battles", I know that with what they were aiming for it worked (and it really did) but I wish that they did a bit more. I think it ended too quickly lol