Community Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

Have U seen the pilot?

What did you think of the Community pilot episode?

ana_jovanovic

[21]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 12

I just tried watching the pilot, and I have to say, as someone has already said here, I gave up about 10 minutes in... It did not grab my attention. I'm all up for quirky characters, and I'm all up for all the characters to be quirky (hey, my all-time favorite comedy is Arrested development) but in the first 10 minutes all I saw were unlikeable morones (get it, because of Spanish ).

I'm gonna try watching the pilot again, and maybe one more episode, and then pass definite judgement, but the first 10 minutes were laugh-free torture for me... OK except for the Degree from Columbia joke, that was good...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lintball13

[23]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 10
    I love this show, but I have to admit, the pilot wasn't the best episode. If you hated the pilot, watch a different episode(one that actually included Ken Jeong).

angeland8

[24]Aug 28, 2010
    • level: 10
    I didn't like the pilot as well. But other episodes completely changed my mind. Community turned out to be a great show.

IndianaMom

[25]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 54
    I agree that the pilot wasn't very good. But it got better and better throughout the season. Now it's one of my favorite shows.

JamesButko

[26]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 8
    I disagree. Now I understand people have different tastes, so I'm not just going to start trolling on you, but personally this is my favorite show of all time.

shani_boy101

[27]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 6
    I thought the pilot was great. The smarter you are and the more you know about popular culture the better the show (and this episode) gets. Lots of inside jokes.

soapieaddict23

[28]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 18

I thought the pilot was better than 30 Rock. I just do not get the love for that show at all. It's okay, and Alec Baldwin kills it, but it's hardly the pinnacle of good comedy, and the pilot was abysmal.

I didn't really like the pilot of Community, but after seeing later episodes I got really into it. It's a show that grows on you. It's one of my favourite shows now.

tvownsLEXIE

[29]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 21
    I LOVE THIS SHOW but I've never seen the pilot. I've only seen some of the middle and ending episodes of the first season, and of course the awesome premiere of the second season. I'm disappointed to see that so many people weren't willing to give it another chance after just one episode. Pilots aren't supposed to be unbelievably amazing. It's just a starting point to build off of. The pilot of The Office and Friends are by far some of my least favorite episodes in those successful series. That just goes to show that pilots don't represent overall quality!

Romano338

[30]Dec 19, 2013
    • level: 8
    The first episodes of the show weren't really good. Especially the pilot and episode 2
    Why?
    Because the show was centered on Jeff and Britta, the most real and serious characters of the show. Especially at the beginning now both have good comedy moments, but at the beginning, they weren't serious, especially Britta who was written to not be funny).
    I'm sure that killed of lot of potentiel viewers for the show.
    When you start a show and you don't like the pilot, it's hard to stick and wait 2-3-4-5 episodes to see it finally becoming good.
    Some TV show addicts will stay for 5 episodes to see, but most of the more casuals viewers will stop.