Community Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

How come nobody seems to watch this in the UK?

cozzamushroom

[1]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 2

I live in England and have been watching online for a few weeks until I discovered the rather obscure channel. Turns out nobody I know has even heard of this but they lap up crap like two and a half men. Does anyone live in the UK and watch this show? Might just be my social group..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CharmedOneP391

[2]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 19

Not many people watch it in the US either, at least based on the Nielson Ratings System. I knew it existed,and heard good things, but never wanted to get into it because it it's on NBC and they love to cancel low rated shows, so it's a miracle that Community's about to be in Season 4. But yeah, a lot of my friends laugh at it too but had never heard of it before.

drudager

[3]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 13
    Community is my cup of tea, but hell, parts of this show goes over my head. I don't get all the references but I still appreciate the effort. The reason why it's not popular here in the US, is because it's on a bad network, it's very unique, it has limited appeal & it's not dumbed down to the common denominator - you either like it or you don't. It will never be an American Idol or Two & A Half Men, which is garbage. A cult favorite.

mela80

[5]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 1

I'm annoyed it took this long for me to see this show!! I caught it the other night randomly and proceeded to watch the rest (I've only just finished now) - I get really annoyed when expertly acted, written and well aimed comedies get sidelined for the idiot proof laugh tracks. Give me this and Arrested Development any day. I like to feel I've earned the right to laugh when they've put SO much effort into making a show. I love all the little things just as much and will have to watch all over again to catch the previous stuff I missed.

Thank goodness this got another season - here's hoping the episode order increases and onto season six!

#SixSeasonsAndAMovie

seb1925

[6]Oct 5, 2013
    • level: 6

I live in Wales and watch it all the time with an English mate... but yeah, we are a minority. TBBT, on the other hand, is massively popular.