Community Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

I hate Britta.

chikanoman

[1]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 12

She needs to be taken off the show she is so damn annoying why does she act like an absolute dropkick??? Please rectify her character because she's driving viewers away.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustAnotherGeek

[2]Oct 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    I couldn't disagree more. She's one of my favs.

Rachel_225

[3]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 3

What? Britta rocks. She is so funny. She is one of the best characters.

kanniballl

[4]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 18

I have no problem with her.

In the Pilot, she was depicted as a fairly normal and hip girl. A relatively normal college chick that called Jeff on his BS. Not 100% normal, but mostly so.

Within a couple of episodes she became a lot more unique. Needlessly rebellious, always going on about the plight of some-such-thing, etc. It gave her more personality and thus fit better into this band of misfits and weirdo

MarkNash1

[5]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 5

Yeah i know what you mean. Britta is the thinest drawn character.. she has very little depth.

Hergimmickis being a slightly dim blonde wanna-be-crusader with no real go ortalentswho occasionally mispronounces things. She is petty and jealous and her morals arecompromisedby her weakness. She is often the antagonist too and creates issues.

I find myself alternating between wanting her to shut up and enjoying her blondness. It is noteable that her character has altered and had new gimmicks added as the show progresses where the others haven't had needed nearly so much.

She rarely gets any real laughs, I think its her selfrighteousnature I dislike the most.. but for the most part she does have a place.

kabrissey123

[6]Dec 20, 2011

Britta's whole purpose is to be the "anti-Winger." Jeff is generally liked by everyone due to his laid back behavior. Britta is the opposite of that. She's not smooth, she can be pretty awkward, and she's not the brightest bulb in the box. The thing about Britta is that she almost always has good intentions where Jeff uses his likability to get what he wants in a selfish way. I would LOVE more of a back story on Britta b/c I find her to be the most interesting. Like Abed says, "she's a wildcard." He had everyone else's personalities pinned down.

Britta is a very guarded character so maybe you see that as being thinly drawn, but I see that as an aspect to her personality. I think the writers eventually will give her a deeper plot line and I think more people will see her as a great character. I disliked her for the first few episodes where she was just the voice of reason. I much prefer the flawed Britta. It makes her more real.

Also, how do you hate someone who says "hit me with your genie's bottle. rub it all over me"? Most of the time my laughs for Britta are followed by an "Aww" b/c I feel sorry for her awkward ways lol.

Edited on 12/20/2011 3:58pm

selkiewriter

[7]Dec 21, 2011

I think Britta is great! She's gotten a lot better versus the first season when she was mostly just "the love interest". I think she's become much more relate-able now that she has faults. She also has some great lines, very quotable.

Hungry_Homer111

[8]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 26
    I can certainly understand what you mean. She can be annoying at times, and I'd say she's my least favorite main character. However, that mainly has to do with how much I like this show's whole enseble. I'd say she was at her worst early in season 1, but she really started to grow on me after a while, and became a very important part of the group's dynamics. That being said, I don't really like how they've been stretching her stupidity in certain parts of this season. Yeah, she certainly wasn't the smartest character, but in some scenes, she almost seems as dumb as Annie in her Christmas song this year. Well... OK, not that dumb. But it still bugs me, and seems kind of out of character for me.

BrittaBot

[9]Jan 20, 2012

I disagree. If they got rid of Britta (or basically any other main character but especially her) I would be sending angry letters telling the NBC I won't watch the show. Britta to me is the most interesting character and while I understand if you don't get her or like her she is an important and irreplaceable part of the group. Without any one of the main characters the dynamic of the show would be thrown off entirely. I still don't understand how you could hate her so much and not see anything good in her (other people explained her already so I don't see the need of repeating it) or see her from such a narrow view. I see the importance of every character, not just my favourite (even though she is).

Laurenest

[10]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 2

You don't know what you are talking about! Britta is one of the best characters! From her du-doys to her awkward song! Her best line is in the "Cooperative Calligraphy" when she talks about "someone just watched me get guantanamoed"!

You don't really love this show if you don't like one of the cast of a ensamble cast sitcom!

korinne

[11]Feb 6, 2012
    I'm not feeling the Britta hate; she is a necessary evil. In my community college experience, there are many girls who smoke a lot of pot and rebel for no particular reason. These poor Brittas are being armed with the knowledge of suffering and injustices every where but the suburban communities they have dwelled most of there lives. All that anger builds up and small inconveniences are all of sudden something worth fighting for! I have seen it time and time again. Brittas being on community lets me know, I'm not the only one who snickers at the girls petitions in the cafeteria.

BrittaBot

[12]Feb 10, 2012

Wanted to add that in one of the commentaries Dan Harmon said his Secret Favourite Character was Britta so that hope is pretty far fetched anyway. And even saying this is the equivalent of insulting him and the genius of the show.

ana_louise

[13]Mar 22, 2012

How can anyone in their right mind hate Britta? She has given me some major laughs and many, MANY quotable lines.

"Hit me with your genie bottle, rub it all over me" (Troy and Abed's response to this KILLS me)

"Chrissssssmas time!!!! Me so christmas!..."

"It's like a thought....wearing another thoughts hat" (What a metaphor is)

And of course BAGEL!

bennett10

[14]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 4

I haven't been watching the show for that long, but from what I've seen she's been pretty funny

ciaBrysh

[15]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 2
    I think Britta is pretty hilarious. However, I disagree with the majority on how she sucked in the first part of season one...maybe it's just me...but I saw that as the writers creating the storyline. Troy was pretty terrible also in the beginning of the first season as well (and I really only realize this because I am currently re-watching S1 for sh*** and giggles) and then he changed to a more...comical and witty character. Britta also is doing the same. Being Jeff's "love interest" (and I am COMPLETELY on team Britta/Jeff, or whatever it may be called) she grew as a character OFF of him...but that is a topic for another day lol.

All in all, would the show be better WITHOUT Britta? Nah Does the show excel off of her? No way lol

drudager

[16]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 13
    We all hate Britta as much as she hates herself.

QuestionMarq

[17]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 4

So you're a fan of Vaughn and his song "Getting Rid of Britta"

Slash_out

[18]May 14, 2012
    • level: 5
    I hate her, and the new romane with Troy just feels forced... or so mushy it's weird?
    Anyway, I hate her but I wouldn't want her off the shows, all characters are needed.

seb1925

[19]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6
    She's my least favourite main character, but I think she's a very important part of the cast. She's possibly the most realistic of them all, in the sense that there are many Britta's in real life, as has been previously written by another user.

jonhon0

[20]May 18, 2012

you always wonder how those girls with signs out in the quad act when they're not petitioning, and Britta is exactly how you dream she would be: still annoying, mostly a mood killer, always being awkward, way too 'into' what she's doing. her character has more depth than some realize, but i guess you had to go to college to really enjoy the portrayal. to not like Britta is to Britta.

Edited on 05/18/2012 8:06am