Community Forums

NBC (ended 2014)

Save Community Campaign (Six Seasons & A Movie)

echofactor

[1]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 10

Note: Before I begin, if you are a negative nancy, troll, or an internet-hard-a$$, leave that sh!t at the door. I KNOW this has been done before. I KNOW this may not work like it did in '06. This post is for those who actually want to see the show get at least one more season, or six. A movie may be stretching it, but i'm optimistic.

Anyway..

I have one word for you: NUTS. No comprehende? That's Ok. I'll elaborate.Back in 2006 the post-apocalyptic survival drama Jericho was facing cancellation after a short hiatus. The series finale for the first season saw two groups of survivors, each vying for each other's surrender. The protagonist, Jake, under pressure from the other side was contacted via radio to surrender. Jake would never surrender, never back down, and in the words of the historic figure General Anthony McAuliffe, he replied with one word as the series wrapped: NUTS.

CBS were soon inundated with 20 tonnes of peanuts from scorned fans. After seeing such great support and not being able to find a hungry enough elephant, Jericho was renewed for a second season. I propose we use the same tactics to remind NBC how much this show means to us, even if it's technically not officially cancelled yet. Except we give it some Community flavor, because quite frankly i'm allergic to nuts..

Here's the plan:

1.) Visit http://community-tv.livejournal.com/919911.html

2.) Download theSixSeasonsAndAMovie.pdf file.

3.) Print the DVD cover, preferably in color but it doesn't matter.

4.) Slip the DVD cover into an old DVD case.

5.) Mail them to the following address:

Head of Programming

C/O NBC Universal Inc.

30 Rockefeller Plaza

New York, NY 10112

The DVD cover is meant to be, for all purposes, an elaborate joke. It is what I envision the series would look like if it were to run for six seasons until an eventual movie. And yes. I am aware that Yvette Nicole Brown has been replaced by Queen Latifah. It's a joke.

Now for the personal stuff. I'm sick of seeing great shows cancelled before their time. Arrested Development (YAY FOR RENEWAL BTW!), Freaks & Geeks, Veronica Mars, etc. This is something that I alone wanted to create, because quite frankly, i'm sick of sitting on my hands and moping over things beyond my control.I live in Australia and will be sending 40+ of these myself.

Thanks for your time, and if you wish to join us, your support.

P.S. Also please sign the petition at http://www.save-community.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

echofactor

[2]Nov 22, 2011
    Also, a sticky would totally give me the weirdest boner. ;-)

Kitiem3000

[3]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 3
    I signed the petition, cause quite honestly losing this show would just break my heart. But it may be a bit early to send out DVD cases before the show is even officially cancelled. Also, I hated Arrested Development.

Scrypted

[4]Dec 12, 2011

chloroformAnnie could solve this problem

historylover20

[5]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 28

Let me tell you--

I'm a new fan. I started watching the season 2 reruns this summer and quickly became obsessed with Community. Of course, I get obsessed with a show right before it gets pulled. What is it about me and bubble shows? (My other obsession is Fringe.)

I signed that petition and posted it on my Facebook. NBC must bring it back! What else do they have? The only thing I watch on NBC is Community! Everything else just seems so stale (I've heard Parks and Rec is good, but I just can't get into it.)

Kat

BrittaBot

[6]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 1

People should also follow ViolinCatherine on twitter... She organises flash mobs, save community campaigns and all other thingos... And I hope this show comes back because I love it.

TadHamilton1

[7]Jan 31, 2012
    • level: 1
    Im sending one from sweden as soon as I possibly can, Keep fighting the good fight people!

ciaBrysh

[8]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 2
    A community flash mob???? Oh man I am IN!! lol Seriously though...I don't know what I would do if Community got canned...it is sooo much better than P&R!
    I also cannot stand The Office, Arrested Development and P&R lol. Community all the way!