Community

Home Economics

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2009 on NBC

7.1

Community has deserved the title as "the most overrated show of all time." Seriously, where are all these good ratings coming from? They are so undeserved. I'm sorry but this was just mediocre television.

I tried to show my friend the series, and granted, he didn't become a fan. Make of what you will with that. The laughs were few and far from each other and the story lines were pretty uninteresting.

The Britta & Jeff things has become so tired, and the entire concept just annoys me. Annie liking Troy? Another annoying story line. I think everyone is better off as friends anyway, but that's just me. The only thing I found myself laughing at was the Britta song but then they completely killed that by the end of the episode. Not a good episode.
  • The gang finds out Jeff is living in his car and try to help, Pierce joins Vaughn's band and Annie helps Troy plan a date while secretly pinning for him.

I really love this show it is fun, funny, unique and has some heart. I think this episode is a classic example the characters get into these crazy situations and the group finds the most hilarious way to solve it. Annie fakes a medical emergency so that she can ruin Troy's date because she can't tell him she likes him just so funny to watch. I really love Annie's character she is so unpredictable it is really exciting to see what she does next. I loved Pierce this episode in the band he is too funny trying to be cool and be accepted by everyone acting like a complete idiot and the songs just hysterical in this episode.
    Jeff oh Jeff my favorite character on the show because Joel Mchale is an amazing comedian. The entire living with Abed story-line was great. I can't say enough good things about this show it is hilarious but has some substance and this episode was like always great!
  • Dissing Britta

Community,
    Home Economics, - A couple episodes into the season and so far i like what i am seeing. Lets begin tonights episode. Everyone finds out that Jeff is living out of her car, making them want to help him. However, Jeff sees this as a problem and denies their help. Then he comes to terms and rooms in Abed's room. Annie, who placed herself in every class of Troys, helps him plan a date with a girl. Shirly wants Annie to reveal to Trop her feelings. Annie cant and she wont. Causing her self to fake a sickness to prevent Troy to going on the date. Pierce hooks up with Vaughn, Britta's exboyfriend who is still mad at her. They create a song going Dissing Britta. Much to her dismay and tries to get them to change the song. Pierce then comes to her defense and he leaves the band. Abed is annoyed by Jeff being in his room and asks Britta to talk to Jeff to get him to leave. Britta that talks him into leave. Jeff then goes to rent an apartment and problem is solved. However for poor Pierce, Vaughn changed the lyrics and instead of insulting Britta he is no insulting Pierce. Overall it was a great show.
  • Pierce joins a band.

This episode, at least for me, confirmed my only downside to the show. I understand that this show is about a community of people going through college, but sometimes, it feels like there's no story arc driving everything forward. There was the whole thing with Britta and Jeff, but that seems to have been put aside. And as for the Troy and Annie thing? I'm not sure how I feel about it, mostly because there's some episodes where they have NO interaction and random ones where they do.

I do like how everything came together in the end, and everybody listened to the guy sing his song that badmouthed Britta and Pierce and pretty much everyone else had a grudge against. Also, Abed never fails to bring the laughs. Even Jeff ACTING as Abed made it funny.

Overall, this felt very filler. It was funny, but it feels like the show is struggling to get some forward momentum.
  • Jeff looses his condo and is living out his car until it is towed and then is living in the dorm with Abed. Pierce decides to talk to Vaughn about Britta after their breakup. Pierce joins Vaughn's band. Annie helps Troy with another girl.

Pretty funny in spots. Extremely juvenile in general. I think they are trying a little too hard.

The situation with Jeff was interesting but not really that humorous. A little sad actually. The songs Vaughn wrote were a little funny but pushed the limit of good taste especially the Pierce song. Pierces rap was even worse in context.

The Annie/Troy story was almost pathetic. OK, we get it. Troy's not too smart and Annie will have to throw herself literally at him if he ever is to get a clue. This week Shirley just seems to be the onlooker for the show. Making little comments here and there.

Overall a fast half hour with a few funny spots. A little weak compared with the Halloween episode last week. Thanks for reading...
MNT